Fox News’ Abby Huntsman is officially leaving the network and joining ABC’s “The View.”

Huntsman, who currently co-hosts Fox & Friends Weekend, is set to replace Sara Haines, who announced her departure from the long-running ABC show last week to join the third hour of Good Morning America.

When reached for comment, Fox News confirmed this will be Huntsman’s last weekend hosting the Saturday and Sunday editions of the network’s flagship morning program.

Huntsman’s addition to The View will add a second conservative voice to the panel show, less than a year after ABC poached another rising star from Fox News, a network known to cultivate them: Meghan McCain. Former View host Jedediah Bila was also a contributor at Fox News before joining the ABC show.

Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, McCain and Huntsman will be the lineup after the moves go into place.

Huntsman got her start on television with ABC News and HuffPost Live in 2012, according to the New York Daily News. She then went to Fox News as a general reporter in 2015.

CNN commentator Ana Navarro was also in consideration to join the show as a co-host, according to PEOPLE. She has been a frequent guest on the show for years.

1. CMarie Tisme

August 10, 2018 at 12:18 am

I cannot help but feel Abby is taking a major step down in her career. I’ll miss her on weekends – Fox and Friends Weekend edition. I never watch The View, or any ABC programming beyond General Hospital which is one of the few soaps left for us. ABC news shows……too far left.

• Irene Renner

August 10, 2018 at 12:37 am

omg yes = what a stupid stupid move. Shes got the best job now and on weekends so can be with her baby as she keeps saying. Well I wont see her anymore. I sure dont watch that trash and so surprised at what she is doing.

• Connie M Morris

August 10, 2018 at 3:10 am

The View could use more conservatives but, I pity her working with Joy and Whoopi. Sunni isn’t much better.

• USJoeFreedom

August 10, 2018 at 3:42 am

She will be the token righty.

• Diane Swanstrom

August 10, 2018 at 1:19 am

I don’t watch the view and never will.

• Dx

August 10, 2018 at 9:57 am

Why on Earth would she go to ABC? Now she’s going to be part of the absurd MSM. Terrible career move. Likely will never be heard from again.

• brenda

August 10, 2018 at 3:21 pm

If it weren’t for President Obama we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set up a whole sequence of events which are still unfolding today including Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation. President Obama is responsible for that. It was he who tasked us to do that intelligence community assessment in the first place. CLAPPER’S OWN CONFESSION
      AMERICANS WE HAVE TO TAKE BACK OUR AMERICA FROM THE EVIL CRIMINAL ACTS OF DEMOCRATS………………………..TO SOLVE AMERICAS PROBLEMS MAKE THIS CHOICE WE THE PEOPLE’ HAVE THE POWER OF OUR VOICES AND OUR VOTES, TO VOTE OUT THE ENTIRE LYING,CORRUPT, TREASONOUS DEMOCRAT PARTY COME NOV 2018, VOTE TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN AND TO END ALL CORRUPTIONS IN WASHINGTON GOVERNMENT

2. Jule Ray Westcott

August 10, 2018 at 12:19 am

traitor. Why would she go into a den of thieves?

• Rick

August 10, 2018 at 12:39 am

Because she comes form a family of RINOs…But I think, unlike Megyn McCain who has been nothing but a traitor to the Republican Party in the way she continues to attack POTUS, Abby will be a good voice for the Republican point of view…I wish her nothing but good luck. Something I couldn’t do for Megyn who, like her father, is nothing more than another two-faced deep state operative…

• Betty

August 10, 2018 at 2:05 am

I agree, a traitor

3. abbey

August 10, 2018 at 12:20 am

She will be talking to an incredibly dumb audience, but I suppose the idiots need to hear more from the right than what they hear from McCain. McCain’s views are jaundiced; affected by her wacko father. Abbey had best watch herself. The left wing bimbos will try to tear her to pieces.

• Linda

August 10, 2018 at 12:30 am

Should be interesting to see how she handles Goldberg & Behar. Abbey will also be talking to an audience that cannot understand she is smarter than them.

• Irene Renner

August 10, 2018 at 12:40 am

I sure misjudged her. Didnt think she was that dumb to go where Bahar and Whoopi are.

4. John Isbell

August 10, 2018 at 12:24 am

It’s about time ABC started airing conservatives on their programs. I know it is just a token, but it really should have been done many years ago. It just makes good business sense. In America, the more opinions the more people like it.

5. Dusty

August 10, 2018 at 12:29 am

OH NO! Why go on this show? Had she not seen Meghan have to battle these really 3 liberal host? Even when Meghan stands up per her father. She has not love for Pres Trump. Must be a lot of money . She was doing very well on Fox and would have moved on to a regular spot. The View is so biased and nasty to the President. Her father has that job with Russia so not sure where she can take a stand and fight someone like Whoopi and Joy who hate Pres Trump and have been vicious. Wish her the best but believe this is a very wrong move.

6. Annabel

August 10, 2018 at 12:39 am

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID….Why on earth would she go on that awful show. It will not help her career anyway. I have never watched it BUT would not because I do not waste my time on Whoopie or that other woman whose name escapes me. I’ve seen enough clips to know it is a load of garbage.

• William

August 10, 2018 at 7:49 pm

@Annabel::// I certainly agree 100% with what you are saying!! I was under the impression that the ‘View’ was on its last legs as far as ratings go!! Like you, I only saw clips of the show, as I live outside of America on an Island in the South Pacific….But seeing those clips was enough for me to wonder why the show even lasted a year, much less three years!! I feel sorry for anyone on that show, from the audience right on through to the camera-man and the ‘Bimbo’s’ who sit around that table!!

7. Joanne Walczak

August 10, 2018 at 12:44 am

I hope she finds it worth leaving Fox.Wonder how the Ambassador feels about his daughter going to the”View” which means left liberal garbage to most common sense people.Will miss you Abby as I sure never have that on in my home.

8. windell

August 10, 2018 at 12:47 am

Bahar and whoopi will beat on her like a borrowed mule.Huge mistake to associate with that hate filled program.

9. John Campbell

August 10, 2018 at 1:01 am

What’s “The View”?

10. Steve F

August 10, 2018 at 1:14 am

Ana Navarro is a fat little pork and bean burrito with a big mouth that spews insults at our president in pidgin English. She needs to be sent back from the s-hole country she slithered out from.

11. Ron

August 10, 2018 at 1:23 am

If she would joint that group of man hating, ultra liberal, delusional, rude and uncouth people, then she is nonloss to Fox.

12. ChuckyBaby

August 10, 2018 at 1:43 am

She is going to regret it! OMG… she is SO going to regret it!!!

13. Cindy

August 10, 2018 at 1:55 am

Big mistake!!!

14. Betty

August 10, 2018 at 2:03 am

Why in God’s name makes no sense. She’s NOT going to change the minds of those nasty women or their audience. Anyone going on that show has not to be desperate to

15. Dave Dolan

August 10, 2018 at 2:03 am

Your some kind of stupid!

16. Susan Croome

August 10, 2018 at 2:11 am

NOT SURE HOW SHE CAN DO THIS, I WISH HER ALL THE BEST BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE HER BUT I STILL WILL NOT WATCH THE VIEW. THEY GO TOO FAR IN EVERYTHING. WHOOPI IS AN IDIOT AND JOY IS AN AMERICAN TRAITOR WITH A BIG MOUTH. THOSE TWO DESTROY THE SHOW.

17. Laurie

August 10, 2018 at 3:11 am

Maybe The View thinks that she will draw in the conservative viewers. Hey, good luck with that. I haven’t tuned into that show since the first year they were on.

18. Libby Murray

August 10, 2018 at 3:33 am

And I thought she was a class act….not!

19. Ed

August 10, 2018 at 3:33 am

Maybe she’s just what “The View” needs. Watch Whoopie and Behar abandon ship because the group intelligence quotient AVERAGE there likely just jumped fifty points.

20. Jack

August 10, 2018 at 3:39 am

Big big mistake!! Leaving the best network and the best job for one of the worst networks and the worst show?? WOW!! Imagine that!! She is choosing a seat next to that black loser Whoopi!!

21. bluto

August 10, 2018 at 4:32 am

That show should be taken off the air.what trash.

22. ToosmarttovoteGOP

August 10, 2018 at 7:11 am

It’ll unquestionably be a step up from Bullshit Mtn.-er- GOPTV/FOX.

23. Joel Johnston

August 10, 2018 at 7:30 am

The view will be down to just three ignorant slobs now. Good luck banging your head on the VIEW! I hope they don’t think free thinking American’s will start to watch that horrible show now!

24. Dale Day

August 10, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Why?

25. kathleen jones

August 10, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Oh, Abby, NO! What are you thinking?????????????????

26. Diana Schneider

August 10, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Why join the View? its Trash it has Hater Whoopi Goldberg with it
    Shut it down

27. mike dar

August 10, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Going from one of many, to one of few is always a good career move….except when the ‘few’ is the View, with few, brains.

28. Sara

August 10, 2018 at 2:55 pm

Bad move…you just ruined your career!!!

29. John

August 10, 2018 at 3:23 pm

Okay,,Now watch the ratings on “Fox and Friends” weekend show drop like a Box of Rocks. I can’t believe she would do such a thing to her co-host. I for one will not watch Fox and Friends weekend show ever again,and I certainly will not be watching her get totally destroyed daily by that bunch of Trump hating fools at the View !The only thing I can think of is they sure must have offered her a bunch of Money to make the move,,and offer that Fox was not willing to match or exceed. I sure hope she knows what she is doing,walking into that den/pit of vipers. I don’t understand this, why move from one of the highest rated shows in America to a show that has the lowest ratings in America.It just makes no sense to me…

30. Sandra L Morrison

August 10, 2018 at 3:51 pm

I am totally shocked that Abby would lower her standards to join in with this trash show. She did well on Fox. Never could understand Megan doing the same. Abby is way too intelligent for this bunch of air heads, especially that Joy Chick! I will miss Abby, as I don’t waste my time with junk TV and the View is Junk for sure.

31. ANA APETROAE

August 10, 2018 at 4:08 pm

Move to socialism.

32. oconnor

August 10, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Why.lower.your.standards.?Easy,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

33. Olga

August 10, 2018 at 4:52 pm

C’est la vie! I like her but I detect that “The View” is no longer relevant and on the way out (I hope!)

34. Javanne

August 10, 2018 at 4:53 pm

Whoopie is not going to say, “WHOOPIE” about this. I wonder if she will try to throw Abbie off the stage and out of the building. It would be fun to watch.

35. Tom

August 10, 2018 at 10:26 pm

That’s like jumping into a cesspool. I always thought she was the most beautiful woman in Fox’s stable of brainy beauties and did a great job on the weekend Fox and Friends. Now she’ll be associated with a show that is putrid and people who are demented. Must have needed the money.