Former Navy SEAL Dan Crenshaw was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives Tuesday, just days after being mocked for his war injury on “Saturday Night Live.”

Crenshaw, who lost his right eye in a 2012 IED attack in Afghanistan, was mocked by Pete Davidson during the show’s “Weekend Update” segment Saturday, which led to a major backlash.

Crenshaw, 34, went on to capture 53 percent of the vote in Texas’s 2nd congressional district compared to Democrat Todd Litton’s 44.4 percent, according to Politico.

On “Fox & Friends” Wednesday, Crenshaw said he had to walk a “very fine line” after the “SNL” controversy.

“What I would not be is a victim about it, I would not be offended about it. But I had to also point out that it was still very offensive, and there are many, many other veterans just like me who don’t feel as though their wounds might be the subject of bad jokes and poor taste to a hysterically laughing audience,” Crenshaw said.

The said the fallout from Davidson’s jokes may have helped him in the race, but he believes what really carried him to victory was spending the past year connecting with voters in his district.

Now that he’s headed to Washington, D.C., Crenshaw said he would like to see more veterans serving in Congress.

“They started out serving their country, so there’s an element of trust there, an element that you can actually work together with and maybe find the things that we agree on and go forward with those,” Crenshaw said.

“I think the more veterans in Congress, the more likely it is we can do that and find issues we can work together on.”

1. Carol

November 7, 2018 at 10:18 pm

You are a winner,a true American hero, Sat night live and Joy from Voice are big losers. They have no ideal or respect what our Vets have done for us, so dump ass can open there fat worth less mouths and walk around free.

2. Annabel

November 7, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Yeah! I was so down in the dumps but this has lifted me up. I am sooo happy for Dan.
    We need more like him in the government. Congrats to Dan and his family. Used to love
    SNL but stopped watching several years ago when the original cast left and these nobody’s
    came in.

3. Alison

November 7, 2018 at 11:38 pm

Rep elect Crenshaw the victor! And that jack *** on SNL that’s a comedian or whatever…LOSER!

4. Michigander

November 7, 2018 at 11:39 pm

This makes me smile. A real hero gets elected to the House and becomes a winner….SNL still the loser. Congratulations, sir, and thank you for your service to our country.

• Kathie

November 8, 2018 at 12:49 am

Rally the Vets!!! Our country should institute a two year rule of serving in the armed forces. I’m not talking about while your in college, I’m talking about active duty. When the snowflakes understand “real” sacrifice, they will appreciate our country more. My son stood up proudly to serve, and many of his uncles,cousins and friends…many are scarred & broken, but respect police, military, our great nation of freedoms and “The Office”.

5. Helen

November 8, 2018 at 2:34 am

Class act! Congrats to a real American hero!

6. Karen

November 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Congrats, Sir!! Will continue praying for you in your new capacity!! Praise God, you won!!

7. Sue

November 8, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Dan, congratulations on your new victory. You will once again serve our country well. The idiots on SNL wouldn’t know a held if they were born on the butt by one. They have no talent so they make fun of those that do. I quit watching them a long time ago. It’s a waste of time. Best wishes in your new role. America is proud of you.