Patriotism comes in many shapes and sizes.

During the national anthem at the Putnam County Fair in Tennessee, 10-year-old Avery Price impressed many around him when he stood for the flag.

Price has hereditary spastic paraplegia (HSP) syndrome, which means he often has to use a wheelchair to get around and has difficulty using his legs.

However, none of that mattered when Price heard the anthem playing.

“I usually sit and put my hand on my heart, but last night I decided to stand … because I like to stand for my country,” Price said in an interview with Fox 17.

One bystander, Leah Norris, was so moved, she posted a video of Price standing on Facebook.

“One of the most touching things I’ve ever seen tonight!” Norris wrote. “This young man was struggling to stand for the anthem as he had braces on both legs with his Dad patting his back in support of helping him. You may or may not agree and that’s your choice. But this goes to show that If he can stand for his country, so can you.”

Price’s parents are extremely proud of the example their son set while standing.

“That makes me feel really good, especially [considering] the stuff he’s been through, and the fact that he still wanted to do that, that’s amazing to me,” his father, Stephen Price, said. “He’s a very, very patriotic kid … He’s always been that way.”

The Facebook post has been viewed over 80,000 times and even got the attention of the country artist who was singing the anthem.

“It’s awesome, it’s a great display of patriotism,” country singer Jenny Leigh said. “And in my opinion, it’s a great example of love, not only from him and his dad, but the community as well.”

Price had just started attempting to walk after a recent surgery.

1. Dx

August 10, 2018 at 12:19 am

More of a man than every NFL player.

• Patriot Tim

August 10, 2018 at 2:55 am

Amen

2. CMarie Tisme

August 10, 2018 at 12:26 am

God Bless and keep this young man. I thank him for his extreme show of patriotism. The NFL players using air time and our national anthem for their ‘protest’ is a show of opportunists taking advantage of fans who pay premium for sports entertainment.

• Joseph

August 22, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Home run reply!

3. Diana Schneider

August 10, 2018 at 12:46 am

Hope that one day tthis youngman wil walk one day by God’s Help AMEN

4. Eddie

August 10, 2018 at 12:49 am

And while this young crippled boy gets out of his wheelchair for the playing of the National Anthem, we have NFL players that can’t seem to stand for the National Anthem because of their crippled brains. My opinion on the NFL (National Freak League) is to hell with all of you and I will NEVER watch another game played by these mentally crippled morons !

5. C Elaine Fontana

August 10, 2018 at 12:58 am

It is my wish, not only that one day soon this patriotic young boy will be able to walk, but that the entire NFL players could see this wonderful young American exhibit his pride for his country. Perhaps this might humble some of them. You think so?

• Ed

August 10, 2018 at 3:22 am

Humble some of them? Hardly. Most have no humility. Everything is about them.

6. John Campbell

August 10, 2018 at 1:06 am

Can someone please explain why the video is not loading? Not even the place holder?

7. Art

August 10, 2018 at 4:48 am

This is an American Fighting Man.
    No, you don’t have to join the military and face a hostile enemy.
    Avery Price:
    • is an American for standing during the National Anthem.
    • is a Fighter because he is battling a disease that most of us would take our lives over.
    • is a Man, because no child could do what he has done.

8. Stephanie

August 10, 2018 at 5:08 am

This is so heart warming!! God bless this Young man.!!

9. ca

August 10, 2018 at 5:37 am

well, that brought tears to my eyes… what a fine young man!

• Annabel

August 10, 2018 at 6:19 am

I’m with you ca: God bless him, take care of him and make him completely well. It warms the cockles of ones heart to read about such a wonderful young man. Avery Price will be in my prayers.

10. Temperlou

August 10, 2018 at 6:01 am

God Bless you, young man. You have made me proud and brought a tear to my eye.

11. Frank

August 10, 2018 at 12:44 pm

God bless this young man.

12. Dave Dolan

August 10, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Mr. Price your a good and Patriotic young man, you need to give lessons in Patriotism to the Candy azzed self centered idiotic spoiled brat NFL players , you know you, the ones always whining.