An ABC anchor asked Vice President Mike Pence last week if he talks to God about people who “have died and will die” over the Trump administration’s coronavirus response.

ABC “Nightline” co-host Byron Pitts asked Pence the blunt question during last Wednesday’s show.

“I ask this not in a political way, but… When you talk to God in your moments alone, do you find yourself worrying at all that people you represent and care deeply about have died and will die who did not need to because of steps the federal government did not take soon enough?” Pitts asked.

The vice president, however, chose not to answer the offensive question, and instead discussed American unity.

Pence said:

Well, thank you for mentioning that we are talking about one American at a time and I promise you, that’s the way President Trump thinks of this, it’s the way I think of it. We wanted the American people to see the numbers so that we understand the challenging days that lie ahead, but I want people to know that our future is in your hands, that if every one of us will do and put into practice the Guidelines for America that we can bring those numbers down. I — I really do believe we’ll get through this and we’ll come out stronger than ever before.

More than 9,100 Americans have died from coronavirus as of Sunday morning.

Many Democrats and those in the media have attempted to shift blame for the increasing death toll onto the Trump administration, claiming their delayed response is costing American lives.

“As the president fiddles, people are dying,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared last Sunday.

However, it was Pelosi and House Democrats who upheld the coronavirus economic relief package for nearly a week. Meanwhile, Pelosi downplayed the seriousness of COVID-19 in late February, weeks after the president implemented travel restrictions on China.

• annabel says:

Brian Pitts what an apt name for a so called anchor….stupid question from a stupid person.

• John Broussard-Hopper says:

Truly the Democrats must see Donald Trump as some kind of God, himself. For President Trump to have acted sooner and been more effective in this outbreak he would have needed to have supernatural powers and knowledge of specific events yet-to-come. As a mortal man and leader of a free nation, he did a remarkable job of protecting the People.

We should run a model of Obama’s response to the Swine Flu (H1N1) that killed 17,000 Americans because the Federal Government did nothing… Imagine if Trump had responded to COVID 19 by doing what Obama did then (nothing)… 2-3 Million people would be dead right now.

I personally do not pray for Democrats. They murder babies and promote hedonism, sodomy, and sloth. They will know an eternity of pain for their sins and it would be a retraction of my faith to assume otherwise. I would sooner pray for the souls of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah than today’s Democrats… they at least did not know the love of Jesus and the power of redemption. While it is not specifically noted in the Bible, there is no evidence of Sodomites crapping in the isles of Safeway and leaving dirty drug needles in playgrounds for children to step on. Modern Democrats appear to believe that is their Right.

• Albert Wright says:

I hope you get it ,and we’ll see who you pray to,you piece of crap

• Dane says:

What a moronic, inane question to ask.

• Tony says:

His best answer should have been, “my conversation between me and God is personal and private and none of your business and further more, my Bible teaches me that no one dies before their time. So if they do die it’s because it’s their turn to die by the will and province of God Almighty and when it is your turn, my turn or their turn nothing anyone can do to postpone it.”

• Dusty says:

Get ready here they come now out of their spider webs? Held off for awhile but now you can see the Mantra of the day to ATTACk this president and all who are trying to do all they can per this most horrible Pandemic where The Chinese did not warn the WORLD? Now we the liberal press will make him the reason for our virus and deaths? What is any different then the past 3 years of fake Russia to Impeach to now we can just blame him. Where were all our business people who went to China all the time? We get 90% of our drugs none heard of this virus? HMM!