Connect with us

Published

on

Some members of the black community in Southern California are expressing outrage over the latest incident of a police officer shooting and killing a black man, but cellphone video shows that he was pulling a gun during the altercation.

The violent and lethal confrontation unfolded outside a liquor store in the city of San Bernardino on Thursday.

Cellphone video from a bystander shows the police officer and the man wrestling before the man breaks free. The officer quickly pulls his gun and shoots at the man several times.

Authorities say that the man was taken to the hospital and later died of his injuries.

The San Bernardino Police Department posted a snippet of the cellphone video that shows the struggle and the shooting of the man.

Caution, graphic video:

They identified the man as 35-year-old Mark Matthew Bender Jr.

Some of the neighborhood members expressed outrage at the incident and condemned the officer for being so quick to shoot at the man, implying that racism was a motive for his actions.

But a closer look at the cellphone video shows that the man was reaching for his gun and pulled it out during the altercation the moment before the officer fired on him.

KTLA-TV’s Gigi Graciette posted a screenshot showing the gun.

A statement released by the San Bernardino Police Department said that the officer had responded to a call about a man with a gun jumping on cars in the “King Tut” liquor store. He was near the store at the time and arrived quickly.

The officer confronted Bender, but the man refused to follow his commands and attempted to enter the liquor store, inside which were numerous employees and residents.

The statement said that the officer attempted to physically restrain Bender but that he was overpowered. It added that Bender reached for his gun and turned toward the officer when the officer shot at him four times.

Police said they provided Bender with medical aid but that he died at the hospital. They also claimed that they recovered a firearm at the scene. The 9mm handgun was loaded and not registered, and Bender was not legally allowed to possess a gun at the time.

The statement also lists Bender’s long history of arrests for violent crimes, including false imprisonment, criminal threats, and attempted murder. In addition he also had been arrested for domestic violence, possession of narcotics for sale, grand theft, and various probation violations.

Despite the report of the gun, some community members still accused the police of acting inappropriately.

“You can’t justify a murder because he had a gun,” said John Anderson, a resident of the neighborhood, to KCAL-TV. “He had a gun, if he did, to protect themselves, probably from them. They’re the ones doing the damage, they’re the ones doing the hurt.”

Advertisement
25 Comments
  • JayJay says:

    This could have been another George Floyd repeat if the cell phone video had not been released before the MSM had the chance to edit it as they did the George Floyd video where they cropped off the first half or the Michael Brown where CNN or one of the other MSM (news?) decided to start the “hands up, don’t shoot” mantra that NEV ER happened! Yet, a city was almost burned down. The MSM is public enemy number one!

  • Evangeline says:

    How many times do we have to see main stream leftist media plaster a cop shooting a non-complying black man either before they know all the facts or purposely reporting it wrong knowing he pulled a gun!!!! Enough already!!! All this does is cause more hatred in blacks toward whites and cops than there already is! The left doesn’t care that the truth will come out later. They know most people won’t see the real story or care about it.

  • Annabel says:

    Oh my! Thank goodness the cop was faster…the man did indeed pull a gun out from his pocked and showed it as he turned. In a second that cop would be dead…..the right one got it!

  • J Surhoff says:

    Good. Another dead black thug who won’t be around to terrorize white people.

  • bobp says:

    Black Man ? Now that is one Heck of A oxymoron !

  • bobp says:

    One less pavement ape in the world !

  • MAC says:

    Deserved what he had coming. One less of Biden’s morons.

  • CF

    News

    Michigan Judge Orders Forensic Review of 22 Dominion Voting Machines, Giuliani Says

    Published

    on

    A judge in Antrim County, Michigan, has authorized a forensic audit of 22 Dominion Voting Systems machines, according to Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

    “BIG WIN FOR HONEST ELECTIONS,” the former New York City Mayor wrote on Twitter on Dec. 4. “This is where the untrustworthy Dominion machine flipped 6,000 votes from Trump to Biden. Spiking of votes by Dominion happened all over the state.”

    It is unclear which of the several election lawsuits the order originated from. The public dockets in four of the major election lawsuits in Michigan did not feature an order Giuliani described. Giuliani did not immediately respond to an emailed request for clarification.

    Giuliani’s reference to a Dominion machine flipping votes is disputed by both Michigan election officials and Dominion. The Michigan Secretary of State’s office said the votes were flipped due to a human error by an Antrim county clerk.

    Allegations about vote manipulation through the abuse of Dominion machines figure prominently in the election lawsuits filed by former federal prosecutor Sidney Powell, who is not a part of the legal team representing President Donald Trump in a number of post-election lawsuits. Dominion has denied all of the allegations.

    The judge’s order is the first known instance of a green light for the Trump team to examine the Dominion machines.

    A judge in Nevada has previously granted the team access to a signature matching machine made by a different company. In that case, the campaign complained that while the judge granted a forensic review, the campaign was given what amounted to a “guided tour” instead.

    The Michigan GOP on Friday raised concerns about a memo sent by Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson that “is pushing for the mass deletion of election data,” although a spokesperson for the secretary’s office later said the process is routine.

    The GOP said Benson’s office told clerks in Michigan counties to “delete Electronic Poll Book software and associated files” amid calls to audit the election while flagging it was concerning.

    Giuliani testified before Michigan lawmakers on Wednesday, telling them that they are the final arbiters of the election.

    Giuliani said he was not asking the legislators to hand the state’s 16 Electoral College votes—currently certified for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden—to Trump. Rather, he said, he hoped state legislators would investigate and examine the evidence for themselves.

    “You shouldn’t decide anything based on what I believe,” said Giuliani on Dec. 2, adding that the evidence presented at the hearing was “just a sample.”

    “There’s a plethora of evidence that you can go through that will convince you that this election was stolen,” said Giuliani. “I would ask you to go through that.”

    Continue Reading

    News

    Lawsuit Requests ‘New Statewide Election’ in Georgia Presidential Contest Over Voter Fraud Allegations

    Published

    on

    The Trump campaign filed a new lawsuit in Georgia state court late Friday seeking to invalidate the results of the presidential contest in the Peach State over allegations of voter fraud.

    According to WXIA-TV, Trump’s legal team claims “tens of thousands of illegal votes” were cast in last month’s election. The lawsuit requests the decertification of the state’s election results, and wants the court to “order a new election to be conducted in the presidential race.”

    As alleged evidence of their claims, the lawsuit includes “dozens of signed affidavits from Georgia residents who claimed to have witnessed voter fraud,” WXIA reported.

    The lawsuit also demands that the court direct Georgia’s Republican-controlled state legislature to appoint presidential electors.

    Lead Trump campaign counsel Ray Smith said in a statement:

    What was filed today clearly documents that there are literally tens of thousands of illegal votes that were cast, counted, and included in the tabulations the Secretary of State is preparing to certify. The massive irregularities, mistakes, and potential fraud violate the Georgia Election Code, making it impossible to know with certainty the actual outcome of the presidential race in Georgia.

    The Secretary of State has orchestrated the worst excuse for an election in Georgia history. We are asking the Court to vacate the certification of the presidential election and to order a new statewide election for president. Alternatively, we are asking the Court to enjoin the certification and allow the Georgia legislature to reclaim its duty under the U.S. Constitution to appoint the presidential electors for the state.

    The Trump campaign’s statement explained, “Attached to the complaint are sworn affidavits from dozens of Georgia residents swearing under penalty of perjury to what they witnessed during the election: failure to process and secure the ballots, failure to verify the signatures on absentee ballots, the appearance of mysterious ‘pristine’ absentee ballots not received in official absentee ballot envelopes that were voted almost solely for Joe Biden, failure to allow poll watchers meaningful access to observe the election, among other violations of law.”

    Despite the Trump campaign’s claims, Attorney General William Barr said this week that the Department of Justice has not uncovered credible evidence of voter fraud.

    “To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr said.

    The Georgia secretary of state’s office also has clarified on multiple occasions they have neither seen evidence of voter fraud, WXIA noted.

    Continue Reading

    News

    George Soros Appoints Lord Mark Malloch Brown – The Former President of Smartmatic – to Lead Open Society Foundation

    Published

    on

    On Saturday afternoon billionaire far left funder George Soros announced new leadership at his Open Society Foundation.

    Lord Mark Malloch Brown, the former UN deputy secretary‐general and UK minister and president of Smartmatic voting systems, will replace Patrick Gaspard at the helm.

    Brown was formerly the vice-chairman of Soros’s Investment Funds and even the deputy secretary-general of the United Nations when he worked as chief of staff to Kofi Annan.

    Lord Mark Malloch-Brown was also the chairman of Smartmatic.

    The Smartmatic owners, were denounced in June 2004 by the press for having received a US $200,000 equity investment from a Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (BRV) joint venture fund called FONCREI which was a Chavez organization. A Chavez campaign adviser was also placed on the board as well.

    Smartmatic has links with Dominion Voting Systems, the scandalous company used to steal the election for Joe Biden this year.

    So this move by Soros makes sense.

    It was a good year for Soros and his priorities.

    Continue Reading

    News

    Alito Responds To Appeal Asking To Block Biden Win In PA

    Published

    on

    Justice Samuel Alito agreed on Thursday to review an appeal against the ruling of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court that tossed a suit alleging the state’s mail-in voting was unconstitutional.

    Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) and other plaintiffs appealed to Alito to block Pennsylvania from certifying the battleground state’s electoral votes for Democratic nominee Joe Biden, according to The Associated Press. The plaintiffs argue that Pennsylvania’s mail-in voting was inherently unconstitutional because it required a constitutional amendment to be authorized.

    Alito set Dec. 9 as the date for state officials to respond. That date is a day after the “safe harbor deadline.” After Dec. 8, Congress cannot challenge any electors named according to state law.

    As The Economist’s Supreme Court correspondent Steve Mazie noted, “Six days from now is an eternity on the electoral clock: Safe-harbor deadline (by which states must confirm results to make them ‘conclusive’) is Dec. 8, electoral college votes on Dec. 14. By the time Kelly files final brief on Dec. 10 or so, the challenge will be moot.”

    Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court unanimously ruled on Saturday to throw out a lower court’s order preventing the state from certifying multiple contests from the Nov. 3 election. “They have failed to allege that even a single mail-in ballot was fraudulently cast or counted,” Justice David Wecht wrote.

    Because Pennsylvania lies within the Third Circuit, which falls under Alito’s jurisdiction, the justice has repeatedly had to rule in the contentious lawsuits alleging widespread voter fraud in the state. Three days after Election Day, he ordered ballots received after Nov. 3 to be segregated. As The Daily Wire reported:

    The United States Supreme Court issued an order late on Friday evening directing that the ballots received in Pennsylvania after Election Day must be segregated from the rest of the ballots and secured — and if counted, counted separately. […]

    “Until today, this Court was not informed that the guidance issued on October 28, which had an important bearing on the question whether to order special treatment of the ballots in question, had been modified,” the Order continued. “The application received today also informs the Court that neither the applicant nor the Secretary has been able to verify that all boards are complying with the Secretary’s guidance, which, it is alleged, is not legally binding on them. I am immediately referring this application to the Conference and direct that any response be filed as soon as possible but in any event no later than 2 p.m. tomorrow, November 7, 2020.”

    The order comes as the Trump campaign is mounting legal cases in Pennsylvania and other states where election results are close and could determine who becomes president. President Donald Trump saw a massive lead in Pennsylvania of hundreds of thousands of votes on election night evaporate as election officials tally up vote-by-mail ballots.

    Continue Reading

    Trending Today

    >