Two regional Islamic State (ISIS) leaders were killed earlier this week during a joint operation between Syrian and coalition forces in northeast Syria, coalition forces said Friday.

The Western-allied Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) and international coalition partners raided an ISIS position in the Deir Ezzor province on Sunday, where the two leaders, Ahmad ‘Isa Ismail al-Zawi and Ahmad ‘Abd Muhammad Hasan al-Jughayfi, were killed, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve (CJTF-OIR) said in a press release.

“The Wali of Baghdad blew himself up. The logistics guy was killed in a gun battle,” a defense official told Fox News.

Al-Zawi, also known as Abu Ali al-Baghdadi, was the terror group’s Wali of North Baghdad and was responsible for relaying orders from senior ISIS leaders to operatives in North Baghdad, Iraq, the coalition said.

Al-Jughayfi, known as Abu Ammar, was charged with directing weapons, bomb-making materials and ISIS fighters across Iraq and Syria.

“The removal of these ISIS leaders will disrupt future attacks against innocent civilians and our security partners and in the region,” OIR said.

On the same day of the raid, the SDF tweeted that a security operation was carried out against ISIS cells in the same area where “a number of cell members were arrested, while two Iraqi nationals blew themselves up.”

On Sunday, seven ISIS members escaped from a small prison on the edge of the town of Al-Hol, home to a sprawling camp where tens of thousands of Islamic State wives, widows and children live. Four were recaptured.

ISIS members took control of another prison for several hours earlier this month in al-Hasakah in northeast Syria. The rioting stopped when authorities negotiated an end to the unrest.

• Mac says:

Yaaayyy…!!!
    Mac KAG 2020 & beyond…

• Polly says:

You reap.what you sow

• frederick says:

Old guy here. There was a article the other day about a man who killed a naked intruder who was in his little girl’s bedroom. I was surprised to read that three people were upset that the father shot him with a shotgun before he determined the intruder’s intent. His intent??? Most respondents said he should have castrated him first. His intent??? Their responses are as crazy as the responses we will hear about these two ISIS leaders death’s. I worked in Iraq and Afghanistan for 11 years. I was on-site at five U.S. facility vehicle bombings and three rocket attacks where the rockets did land in the compounds. These were all planned attacks. Planned to kill military and non-military members from coalition forces. I was on-site when we had to recover the remains of a 23 year old U.S. college USAID female trainee ( among others in the vehicle) who was in a vehicle delivering non-political educational material to Afghan girls. She was in Afghanistan for one week. Another VIED. This bomb could have been designed by one of these men. Americans need to understand a very simple fact. We do not and never will understand the Muslim mind. I do not and I tried. I have several Muslim friends that I worked with while in the Former Soviet Union (FSU) countries. During my last year in Afghanistan, I helped pick up body parts of six children who were blown apart by a 2000 pound VIED that two suicide bombers were trying to get onto a joint forces base in the capital. There were many more coalition causalities at the site but the six were beggars begging at the main gate (the blast site). Goggle 2011 2000 lb. Vehicle bomb at Kabul Embassy Compound. This was in 2011 and in my nightmares, I still see the markers we placed on the ground when we found what, we believed to be, body parts. 2011 was my last year in the FSU.

• DIL says:

Thank you for sharing this. I know the bittersweet memories are with you. Too many people don’t realize the truth of the Muslim’s barbarism and the emotional toll it takes on the rest of us. There is no room or time for “talks” when they have no respect for life itself, neither of themselves or others. They simply lie and use the time spent in negotiations to ramp up their defenses and plan their offenses.

They’re motivated entirely on their hate of other nations and cultures while their blind wickedness tortures, maims, and kills anyone who doesn’t believe as they do.

So, I thank you for speaking truth and informing others even though so many refuse to believe it. If only one person chooses to see the light because of your witness, its been worth it. You never know just how many others have been reached with the truth by that single person.

• LST says:

Only two? The more dead diaper-heads, the better. May they ALL rest in pieces.

• Tony says:

I pose a question. Are they going to blame Trump for these two deaths? My answer: Why not! Now days everything is his fault.

• Rick says:

I LOVE GREAT NEWS….Did anyone tell the 3 scumbags in Congress ??

• Lydia says:

Obama’s relatives.. When he founded ISIS he placed his BEST FRIENDS. at the lead.