Candace Owens Unafraid to Say: CNN Used ‘Ignorant’ LeBron, ‘Maxine Waters is Not a Smart Person’
President Trump Responds to Mueller Report: Special Counsel Investigation Was an Illegal Takedown That Failed
WATCH: MSNBC Hosts Suspect Mueller Has Been Compromised, Report Shows ‘Seeds Of A Cover Up’
Top-Ranking Democrat Says Mueller Report Doesn’t Matter: ‘We Know There Was Collusion’
Here’s The ‘Kit Kat’ Ad Filled With ‘Sexual Innuendo’ That Sparked Thousands Of Moms To Protest
Conservative commentator Candace Owens rebuked CNN for exploiting NBA star LeBron James to attack President Trump when he was promoting his taxpayer-funded “I Promise” school in Akron, Ohio.
“I don’t want to take away from what he did — opening the school was an incredible feat — but Don Lemon got him in that interview,” Owens said on Tucker Carlson Tonight. “He wanted LeBron to say something [bad] about the president…They were there to get that five-second soundbite to say something nasty about the president, and that was going to be their news story.”
Owens said James is brilliant on the basketball court, but CNN used him as a puppet to promote its anti-Trump agenda. LeBron wasn’t there to talk about President Trump, but to tout the taxpayer-funded school he helped open to benefit underprivileged children in his home state of Ohio.
Candace, the communications director for Turning Point USA, said by allowing himself to be used by CNN, LeBron was ignorant.
“I would welcome a dialogue with LeBron James,” she said. “But he is, in this regard, an ignorant man. I’m not going to refer to him as uneducated, but I am going to refer to him as ignorant. He knows very little about politics.” Owens explained:
The reason why CNN wanted to get LeBron James…they essentially attacked him without him knowing it and they used him, because what was also released at the same time? The Rasmussen poll [which showed that] black support for Donald Trump has doubled since this time last year.
So black people aren’t believing this [anti-Trump narrative] anymore. So what do [the liberal media] do? They go back to what they always do: They bring in a black idol, and they have the black idol say to the community, ‘Oh this is racist,’ and hope that we’re going to believe it. But we aren’t anymore.”
During his CNN interview, Don Lemon goaded LeBron into slamming Trump, as BizPac Review has reported. “He’s kinda used sports to kinda divide us,” LeBron said of Trump.
Candace Owens said she gets viciously attacked by liberals all the time because she’s a black conservative, and dismissed Lemon’s inane whine that it’s racist to call a black person dumb.
Candace called Lemon’s statements ridiculous. “The left has been operating under a very bizarre assumption that you can’t critique a black person in this country [because] it makes you automatically racist, is ridiculous and false,” she said.
“Usually I’m called a ‘porch monkey’ and referred to as lot of racial slurs in my Twitter feed because I’m a conservative black thinker.”
The idea that you can’t think somebody has a low IQ — a provably low IQ — Maxine Waters is not a smart person. You can’t say that because she’s black? That’s ridiculous!”
LeBron James should be commended for helping open a school in Akron, Ohio, for underprivileged children, but new reports suggest that he misled the media by implying he had paid for the school 100% on his own.
In reality, LeBron’s charitable foundation paid $2 million and may pay an additional $2 million once the school opens in 2022, but Ohio taxpayers will pay $8 million a year to keep the school running.
The Akron School District is annoyed that the media is pushing the fake news that LeBron financed the school entirely on his own, when in fact, he put up 20%, and taxpayers will foot the remaining 80% of the bill.
“The coverage made it look like the whole thing is his,” Akron school district rep Mark Williamson told Cleveland.com. “He did a lot, but taxpayers should know it’s their investment, too.”
LeBron's "free" school isn't free at all. It's costing Akron, OH taxpayers $8 million/year. LeBron's foundation is only kicking in $2 million. https://t.co/zBNviHG99z
— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) August 7, 2018
That’s a nice scam: Get the media to heap praise on you for opening a school, when in reality you leave Ohio taxpayers holding the bag for 80% of the costs while you relocate to Los Angeles.
BREAKING: LeBron James will only fund 20% of his "I Promise Public School", WILL COST TAXPAYERS $8 MILLION PER YEAR!
— Jacob Wohl (@JacobAWohl) August 7, 2018