Democrat Rep. Jim Himes (CT) said during a Thursday interview on CNN that his “lizard brain” wants to see “bad things” happen to President Donald Trump.

“Let me press you, Congressman,” CNN’s Wolf Blitzer said. “Do you want to see the president of the United States in jail?”

“More than anything else, Wolf, I don’t — this isn’t about my feelings or about retribution,” Himes responded. “The lizard brain that I have says I hope bad things happen to this man because he has been so destructive to our republic, to the concept of democracy, to the concept that, internationally, we are a light unto the nations.”

“So yes, I have my emotional reactions but, look, we’re a nation that is of a rule of — we are a nation of laws,” Himes continued. “So what I really hope — and this is me personally speaking — what I really hope is that if impeachment is not a mechanism of accountability — and I will tell you flat out that I can’t imagine anything happening, anything at all happening that would cause the Senate to convict and, therefore, remove this president — so impeachment stops in the House, in my opinion, my real hope is, that in 2020, the American voters look into their hearts, think about the generation that we’ve been celebrating today, who, as young men, decided that they would give their lives for this country.”

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer pressed Himes on the subject in response to a Politico report that stated that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wanted to see the president in prison.

“I ask the question, Congressman, not only because of what Nancy Pelosi told her fellow Democrats in the House about preferring to see him in prison rather than being impeached — because Democrats have heavily criticized President Trump for himself talking about jailing his own political opponents,” Blitzer said. “He’s raised the possibility of their committing treason. Former senior officials in the Justice Department, the intelligence community, the FBI. So what she has just said and what you’re now saying, is that any different when you’re suggesting maybe the president belongs in jail?”

“It is. When the president of the United States, the leader of the country says something, it is different than when even a member of Congress says something,” Himes responded. “The president commands the most powerful apparatus in human history. That’s the executive branch of the government with the military, with the FBI, et cetera. He commands the most powerful institution that human beings have ever seen. So, yes, what the president — and by the way, he speaks for the country. I don’t speak for the country. If I’m lucky, I speak for just more than half of my constituents.”

1. Al

June 9, 2019 at 5:23 pm

Well, lizard brain shouldn’t be holding public offices. Such a fool is not a leader of people. He’s a self-absorbed fool that will say anything for attention.

• Joan

June 9, 2019 at 6:51 pm

You got that 100 percent right

2. Mr Robert Kane

June 9, 2019 at 5:58 pm

I believe YOU and most Democrats should have been jailed along with the shitforbrains Obama and piglosi,shurmer ,Reid and the rest of the reprobates that secretly have been destroying America from with in and the reason you ALL hate My Preident Trump is he’s gonna expose you all as frauds !

3. Mr Robert Kane

June 9, 2019 at 6:02 pm

What a crock of BULLSHIT all the Democrates should be in prison for secretly trying to destroy our country all your corrupt actions hopfully will be destryed

4. MissD

June 9, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Lizard brain ? Another f’d up Democrat .. POW !
    Trump 2020

• JAIME.

June 9, 2019 at 6:27 pm

EXACTLY!

• FAST EDDIE

June 9, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Yeah. Anyone who would admit to being a lizard brain probably is one and shouldn’t be in congress.

• PhantomCat71

June 10, 2019 at 10:46 am

And he stole his ‘lizard brain’ concept from Showtime’s Dexter series. Demodopes don’t have a bit of originality.

5. Gloria Annette Johnston

June 9, 2019 at 6:51 pm

May what you wish for others, happen to you. You deserve bad karma just for being stupid, if for no other reason.

6. Grace Joy

June 9, 2019 at 6:59 pm

When Trump talks about prison, for HRC, for ex., he’s basing his words on the fact that a real investigation needs to be done into the Lies & dead bodies around her. This idiot claims that Dems therefore have a “right” to talk of putting Trump in prison, though he’s done nothing wrong.

Lizard brain, I assume is his Amygdala, the oldest, most primitive part of the brain. It’s the part that reacts with anger, fear, fight or flight; while if we can not react for a few seconds, our NeoCortex kicks in with mindfulness & reason. Perhaps it is the Leftist socializing their emotions with tantrums & animal behaviors that is underneath all their seeming insanity. They have purposely been programmed in schools to react at the basest level possible.

That said, perhaps he means “lizard brain” as in serpent brain, as in satan-controlled?

7. Capn Jack

June 9, 2019 at 7:31 pm

If bad things happen to Trump count on worse things happening to you.

8. Wilson

June 9, 2019 at 7:55 pm

The movie V is real. 😛

• YouKnowItsTrue

June 11, 2019 at 12:30 pm

I’ve been leaning that direction lately! V was a take off on that that one Twilight Zone episode, “To Serve Man”.

9. Maureen

June 9, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Don’t insult a lizard by claiming to be as smart as one.

10. Bird

June 9, 2019 at 8:29 pm

I hope the voters are watching, listening and HEARING what these politicians are saying!! I’ve NEVER heard such vile comments about a president in my life. I didn’t care for Obama; I thought he was a spineless egomaniac, and a poor president who had no love for this country. At no time did I hate him, wish for his death or imprisonment or threaten anyone who voted for him…. I just ‘waited it out’ and then celebrated when Trump won and the Obama’s were gone. Please, voters…. be VERY CAREFUL who you help elect; some of these people are not only mean, they are dangerous!

11. Linda

June 9, 2019 at 9:02 pm

There is a paranormal conspiracy theory that a race of reptilian humanoids, called Lizard People, inhabited underground Earth. Actually, under LA. So far, it has not been proven, but considering what this sadistic (and dangerous?) human said, he might just be their leader. With demonic Democrats slithering around, nothing is off the table.

12. Polly

June 9, 2019 at 10:10 pm

At least he admits he has a lizard brain which is full of haters and evil to wish evil on the President.Do these people ever think that if they were President how would they feel if another wished evil.on them

13. LST

June 9, 2019 at 10:27 pm

More like lizard dick. Trump being “destructive to our republic.” With Trump’s long list of accomplishments, how the fuck is that “destructive?” If demonrats were any dumber they’d have to be reminded to breath before they pass out. They need toilet paper with clear step by step instructions on its use. Even then half of them wipe their noses instead after taking a dump.

14. Kathy

June 10, 2019 at 12:05 am

Thinks like a lizard, talk like a lizard looks like a lizard; therefore is a lizard! Sadly he kids will be taunted for his stupid and anally democratic speaking!
    Once this asswipe opts to hold his criminal cronies accountable for all of their crimes against our country, then maybe people will start to listen to him. But until then.
    Lizard-Head I suggest you slither back into your hole and STFU. YOU DEMONAZIS RUINED OUR COUNTRY. TRUMP IS BRINGING OUR GREAT COUNTRY BACK TO NUMBER 1!

15. abolishliberalism

June 10, 2019 at 9:04 am

As a CT resident I take this stuff very personally, It embarrasses me to no end when I see or hear one of my representatives getting caught up in the Anti Trump BS and saying these things. CT being one of the original 13 colonies and calling its self the “Constitution State” should be held to much higher standards that people like Himes, Murphy and Blumenthaul are these days… falling Lock step into line with the democratic party and behaving like a bunch of spoiled little babies is NOT a good look for the representatives of one of the States where democracy was born and where a lot of brave men and women lost their lives to make this country Free and one of the greatest countries in the world! I cant help but feel really bad when I hear these people who were actually elected by my fellow Residents, spitting on our very democracy and acting as if the only thing that matters is their party getting elected so they can brag at work to those from other parties that, “My guy won!’ not giving two s**ts about the rest of the country let alone their own state who is one of the highest taxed states in the union and one of the smallest, not to mention one of the busiest being stuck right in the middle between Boston and NYC! Little CT has a lot going for it but the democrats have quickly took the luster off the state and its now dull, dirty, gross, over taxed, in debt up to its ears and theres no hope of it recovering in the near to distant future….and yet, the dems are STILL voted in and those dems are only worried about their own, they dont seem to care about us here in “The Constitution State” at all! And it embarrasses the f*** out of me seeing that My little farming town nestled in the Naugatuck Valley in New Haven County voted almost two to one in favor of Trump and in favor of the GOP in the mid terms as did almost all the small towns but because of the six cities and their non tax paying welfare cases who make up most of their voters, the dems get elected again and again! And the dems say they want to make every vote count… what? by stealing the election from the GOP by any means necessary? are they kidding??