Connect with us

Published

on

SpaceX founder Elon Musk stirred the pot yet again after claiming that neither he nor his family would take a COVID-19 vaccine even if it was readily available.

The 49-year-old billionaire dropped the bombshell during a Monday appearance on the New York Times opinion podcast “Sway.”

“I’m not at risk, neither are my kids,” Musk told host Kara Swisher about the rationale behind his decision.

During the bizarre exchange, the Tesla CEO decried the nationwide lockdown as a “no-win situation” that has “diminished my faith in humanity.” Musk previously called widespread quarantines “unethical” and “de facto house arrest,” RT reports.

Instead of the current sweeping measures, the Boring Company boss suggested a more targeted lockdown where “anyone who is at risk” be “quarantined until the storm passes.”

Swisher criticized his suggestion, adding that humans could potentially die in the process.

“Everybody dies,” quipped Musk.

To emphasize the supposed ridiculousness of the quarantines, Musk boasted that SpaceX “didn’t skip a day” throughout the entire pandemic. “We had national security clearance because we were doing national security work,” he said. “We sent astronauts to the Space Station and back.”

Later on, the automotive mogul addressed Bill Gates’ criticisms of his skepticism toward the coronavirus, which Musk called “dumb” in March. During a CNBC interview in July, the Microsoft founder claimed that Musk didn’t know much about vaccines and said he hoped that the SpaceX head “doesn’t confuse areas he’s not involved in too much.”

“Gates said something about me not knowing what I was doing,” Musk told Swisher. “It’s like, ‘Hey, knucklehead, we actually make the vaccine machines for CureVac, that company you’re invested in.’” He was referring to the fact that Tesla manufactures equipment for the German biopharmaceutical firm CureVac.

This past July, the car magnate shaded Gates with a series of cryptic tweets that read, “Billy G is not my lover” and “The rumor that Bill Gates & I are lovers is completely untrue.”

Advertisement
6 Comments
  • Nathan M. says:

    I wish we could stick Elon Musk and Bill Gates in a cage and have them fight to the death. The rest of us would win either way and get a halfway decent show in the bargain.

  • Robert Gray says:

    How much more money does Gates want???? Pushing his vaccine is for financial reasons only.

  • Sharon says:

    I don’t generally agree with Musk, but I will AGREE him on THIS!

  • Mary says:

    Gates is for reducing the population. I don’t trust him or his company on a vaccine

  • Caroline Adams says:

    Bill Gates aspires to be a controller of nations. He has plenty of money, but his implanting of devices in humans smacks of evil, manipulation, eradication of whomever he chooses, owning humans (slavery) , overpowering governments, controlling environments, and in general desire to be a god. His ambitions are Biblical in evil and he has more planned, likely. Don’t fall to this evil person.

  • CF

    News

    Kirstie Alley Says Pro-Lockdown Politicians Should Forego Their Salaries While Americans Suffer From Their Policies

    Published

    on

    Actress Kirstie Alley opined that perhaps politicians pushing lockdown policies should forego their salaries while their constituents are suffering from the consequences of their decisions.

    The vocal actress made the suggestion from her official social media account and it got thousands of positive interactions.

    “My solution. All senators congressmen governors and city political officials from any state or city who impose shut downs to the extent that businesses and people have no form of income, take no salaries for the duration of the shutdown,” tweeted Alley.

    “Leadership leads by example & from the top,” she added.
    The missive received more than 12,500 retweets and more than 116,700 likes from social media users.

    The outrage aimed at pro-pandemic politicians has peaked after several incidents of appalling hypocrisy from politicians ignoring social distancing guidelines while haranguing their constituents to follow the rules.

    In one of the most egregious examples, Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, was caught at a lavish dinner at an exclusive restaurant called French Laundry. Photographs showed that he eschewed wearing a mask and his dinner companions neglected to distance themselves. Newsom later apologized for setting a bad example.

    A few days later at the same ritzy restaurant, San Francisco Mayor London Breed, also a Democrat, was caught celebrating the birthday of a local wealthy socialite. Breed confirmed it was her at the restaurant.

    Alley has been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump and has not shied away from using her social media account to express her political beliefs. On Tuesday she signaled that she supported the effort to question the results of the 2020 election.

    “I’m still holding the line by the way…. @realDonaldTrump .. I’m here till they drag me away,” she tweeted.

    Here’s Kirstie Alley talking about her support for Trump:

    Continue Reading

    News

    Houston Police Arrest Honduran National in Human Trafficking Ring Bust, Rescue 29 Victims

    Published

    on

    Nearly 30 people in Houston were rescued from an alleged human trafficking ring, and a suspect has been arrested in the case.

    According to the Houston Police Department, officers “received a report of a male in his briefs running down the street yelling that he had been kidnapped.” The nearly naked man informed authorities that “thirty more people were being held hostage in the house.”

    Inside the home in southwest Houston, police found 28 men and one female, who appeared to be a minor, according to KHOU-TV. The victims were in their underwear, but reportedly in good condition. Officials said the victims are from Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and Cuba.

    Mary Lewis, who lives directly behind the home where the victims were discovered, recalled the moment when a victim approached her.

    “When he ran up to me he looked like he was all cut up,” Lewis told KYTX-TV. “He had like cuts in his face. But he was in his red shorts, drawers. And he was barefoot.”

    “Then I was backing up. I said, ‘What’s wrong, man? I can’t understand you. What are you talking about?’ And then he would look back that way,” Lewis said.

    The U.S. attorney’s officenoted that the residence had boarded-up windows and deadbolt locks on the inside doors.

    After the victims were rescued, they were taken to the Ridgemont Elementary School where they were provided with food and clothes. The victims were later transported to an immigration facility.

    The Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are investigating the situation. The victims are cooperating with authorities, according to police.

    A suspect has been arrested in the human trafficking bust. Officials named the suspect as Mauro Dominguez-Maldonado, a 36-year-old Honduran national. On Friday, federal prosecutors said the suspect was in the United States illegally, according to CNN.

    The criminal complaint alleges Dominguez-Maldonado was in charge of watching over the individuals and performing multiple tasks in the alleged human smuggling operation.
    Dominguez-Maldonado faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000 if convicted. Dominguez-Maldonado is expected to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Frances Stacy on Monday. Assistant U.S. Attorney Richard Bennett is prosecuting the case.

    Police Commander Jonathon Halliday told reporters that three people were detained as possible suspects.

    Continue Reading

    News

    Michigan Judge Orders Forensic Review of 22 Dominion Voting Machines, Giuliani Says

    Published

    on

    A judge in Antrim County, Michigan, has authorized a forensic audit of 22 Dominion Voting Systems machines, according to Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

    “BIG WIN FOR HONEST ELECTIONS,” the former New York City Mayor wrote on Twitter on Dec. 4. “This is where the untrustworthy Dominion machine flipped 6,000 votes from Trump to Biden. Spiking of votes by Dominion happened all over the state.”

    It is unclear which of the several election lawsuits the order originated from. The public dockets in four of the major election lawsuits in Michigan did not feature an order Giuliani described. Giuliani did not immediately respond to an emailed request for clarification.

    Giuliani’s reference to a Dominion machine flipping votes is disputed by both Michigan election officials and Dominion. The Michigan Secretary of State’s office said the votes were flipped due to a human error by an Antrim county clerk.

    Allegations about vote manipulation through the abuse of Dominion machines figure prominently in the election lawsuits filed by former federal prosecutor Sidney Powell, who is not a part of the legal team representing President Donald Trump in a number of post-election lawsuits. Dominion has denied all of the allegations.

    The judge’s order is the first known instance of a green light for the Trump team to examine the Dominion machines.

    A judge in Nevada has previously granted the team access to a signature matching machine made by a different company. In that case, the campaign complained that while the judge granted a forensic review, the campaign was given what amounted to a “guided tour” instead.

    The Michigan GOP on Friday raised concerns about a memo sent by Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson that “is pushing for the mass deletion of election data,” although a spokesperson for the secretary’s office later said the process is routine.

    The GOP said Benson’s office told clerks in Michigan counties to “delete Electronic Poll Book software and associated files” amid calls to audit the election while flagging it was concerning.

    Giuliani testified before Michigan lawmakers on Wednesday, telling them that they are the final arbiters of the election.

    Giuliani said he was not asking the legislators to hand the state’s 16 Electoral College votes—currently certified for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden—to Trump. Rather, he said, he hoped state legislators would investigate and examine the evidence for themselves.

    “You shouldn’t decide anything based on what I believe,” said Giuliani on Dec. 2, adding that the evidence presented at the hearing was “just a sample.”

    “There’s a plethora of evidence that you can go through that will convince you that this election was stolen,” said Giuliani. “I would ask you to go through that.”

    Continue Reading

    News

    Lawsuit Requests ‘New Statewide Election’ in Georgia Presidential Contest Over Voter Fraud Allegations

    Published

    on

    The Trump campaign filed a new lawsuit in Georgia state court late Friday seeking to invalidate the results of the presidential contest in the Peach State over allegations of voter fraud.

    According to WXIA-TV, Trump’s legal team claims “tens of thousands of illegal votes” were cast in last month’s election. The lawsuit requests the decertification of the state’s election results, and wants the court to “order a new election to be conducted in the presidential race.”

    As alleged evidence of their claims, the lawsuit includes “dozens of signed affidavits from Georgia residents who claimed to have witnessed voter fraud,” WXIA reported.

    The lawsuit also demands that the court direct Georgia’s Republican-controlled state legislature to appoint presidential electors.

    Lead Trump campaign counsel Ray Smith said in a statement:

    What was filed today clearly documents that there are literally tens of thousands of illegal votes that were cast, counted, and included in the tabulations the Secretary of State is preparing to certify. The massive irregularities, mistakes, and potential fraud violate the Georgia Election Code, making it impossible to know with certainty the actual outcome of the presidential race in Georgia.

    The Secretary of State has orchestrated the worst excuse for an election in Georgia history. We are asking the Court to vacate the certification of the presidential election and to order a new statewide election for president. Alternatively, we are asking the Court to enjoin the certification and allow the Georgia legislature to reclaim its duty under the U.S. Constitution to appoint the presidential electors for the state.

    The Trump campaign’s statement explained, “Attached to the complaint are sworn affidavits from dozens of Georgia residents swearing under penalty of perjury to what they witnessed during the election: failure to process and secure the ballots, failure to verify the signatures on absentee ballots, the appearance of mysterious ‘pristine’ absentee ballots not received in official absentee ballot envelopes that were voted almost solely for Joe Biden, failure to allow poll watchers meaningful access to observe the election, among other violations of law.”

    Despite the Trump campaign’s claims, Attorney General William Barr said this week that the Department of Justice has not uncovered credible evidence of voter fraud.

    “To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr said.

    The Georgia secretary of state’s office also has clarified on multiple occasions they have neither seen evidence of voter fraud, WXIA noted.

    Continue Reading

    Trending Today

    >