The FBI says a man killed by agents in Belton, Missouri, on Tuesday night was a terrorist suspect who was actively planning to bomb a hospital amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The suspect, 36-year-old Timothy Wilson, was killed by FBI agents while picking up what he believed to be a bomb for use in the attack, the FBI announced in a press release on Wednesday.

The suspect was motivated “by racial, religious, and anti-government animus” and had been “the subject of a months-long domestic terrorism investigation,” according to the FBI. No other details regarding the suspect’s motive were provided.

Amid the government’s efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus, “Wilson decided to accelerate his plan to use a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) in an attempt to cause severe harm and mass casualties,” the FBI alleges.

“Wilson considered various targets and ultimately settled on an area hospital in an attempt to harm many people, targeting a facility that is providing critical medical care in today’s environment.”

The FBI says the suspect was being monitored by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force while actively working to acquire materials to carry out the attack. While executing a probable cause warrant, in coordination with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri, FBI agents attempted to arrest the armed suspect on Tuesday night.

The suspect was shot and later died from his injuries at a nearby hospital. No law enforcement officers or civilians were injured in the incident, KSHB 41 reported.

• Wilson says:

At least one virus did not spend much time hanging around the hospital.

• LST says:

Good, a story with a very happy ending.

• Trump 2020 says:

A picture speaks a thousands words.

• Evangeline King says:

All the nuts are coming out of the woodwork now.

• Stephen Russell says:

Out come the wackos during lock down EZ to track since most mobile 2.
    Bravo

• Pat says:

The FBI gets a bad guy! Thanks, and welcome back to the respect of Americans. Now, if the “leadership” would earn our respect back by policing themselves, the FBI would be back on track.

• frederick says:

There are a few nuts out there who just do not have a filter. A guy was arrested on terrorist charges for licking products at a store and posting that he had the virus, another for licking on a toilet seat and posting on social media, a man was arrest for the same thing for coughing on a store employee when he was asked to step back, others were arrested when they coughed on food in a deli when requested to keep their face behind the glass. All stupid things that will be on their records forever. This is not a time to joke around. I am a 100% disabled Vietnam vet. I have Parkinson disease from exposure to agent orange. One of the symptoms is a dry hack from a constant throat irritation. I was at my local store and the clerk asked me to step back because I was clearing my throat. I did as she requested. This is serious stuff and people need to respect other’s space now. I have weekly therapy visits because the VA understand that my disability will be reduced by therapy. The VA has stopped them because of the therapist’s concern of my hack. I agree with this. Common sense and respect for other’s space will go a long way in getting us through this.