The Martin County, Florida Sheriff’s Office is investigating whether an incident on a school bus this week is crime, after a school bus aide threw a fit about a MAGA hat and was caught on tape.

Gunnar Johansson, 14, told WPTV-TV news in West Palm Beach that hats were allowed at his school this week if they donated to the March of Dimes. In his case, it was a Donald Trump cap with the MAGA slogan. That didn’t sit well with a school district bus aide, who first verbally and then physically confronted the child for his choice.

In the clip, the unidentified woman can be heard saying “Boy, if you don’t that hat off this bus… take it off.”

“She, like, threatened me with a referral and threatened to turn the bus around,” Johansson told WPTV. ” I said ‘write me up, I didn’t do anything wrong’, and then she yanked my hat off. It was crazy.”

Toward the end of the surveillance clip you can hear as the bus aide tells Johansson to put the hat in his backpack after she removes it from his head.

Neither the school nor the district have a policy against political attire.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office has not put a statement on their website or their social media, but did tell local news that they are investigating, after Johansson’s mother contacted their office. They are reviewing the video for exactly how the hat was physically removed.

The school district’s safety officer says they are taking the incident “very seriously.”

Below, find the on-air report from WPTV, which includes an interview with Gunnar Johansson as he describes the events.

1. Ray

March 10, 2019 at 10:49 am

Hopefully she was terminated. Could you imagine the backlash if this happened to a black student wearing an Obama hat.

• RockyMtn1776

March 10, 2019 at 12:05 pm

Hit her with a child abuse charge ! She did irreparable damage to this kids mental health. Sue her AND the school district. The radical left has gone totally off the cliff over anything Trump.

2. Sam

March 10, 2019 at 10:55 am

This woman should be terminated in my opinion for assault

3. Carly

March 10, 2019 at 11:00 am

Why isn’t the race of the bus driver revealed. Why isn’t her picture being shown? Why is she being protected by the media? From her tone in the video, I doubt this was the first time there’s been a problem with her.

4. Joseph Kempski

March 10, 2019 at 11:00 am

Who does a school bus aid think she is. So it offended her. I was offended by the 8 yrs obama was in office. Maybe we should have put her in a bag for 8 yrs cause i was offended.

5. Fit2Btyed

March 10, 2019 at 11:06 am

WE can thank eight years of Obama and the identity politics that he supported along with the main stream media elitists that have caused this racial and political tension in this great nation of ours.

6. Grace Joy

March 10, 2019 at 11:12 am

They should charge her for assault. At the very least.

7. gordon

March 10, 2019 at 11:13 am

That’s assault and battery. Charge each and every person guilty of this crime ! Fire her miserable ass.

8. Photog

March 10, 2019 at 11:15 am

Trump Derangement Syndrome. The aid should seek mental health treatment and should be fired.

9. Earnie Bailey

March 10, 2019 at 11:25 am

The spoiled mainstream democratic supporters act as if they can do or say anything they want. Freedom of speech is a right of all. I’m not happy with many of the things being said by people but I respect their right to say it.
    MAGA is a harmless slogan of the country’s president. Supporters wear it. It’s not offensive language nor is it obscene images.

10. Heather Moore

March 10, 2019 at 11:27 am

Fire her ass..who does she think she is! If this was a black child wearing a BLM or Obama hat NO PROBLEM. So sick of the “reversed” bigotry, prejudice and hate of the LEFT directed at Conservatives. Enough is enough.

11. Brokengirl55

March 10, 2019 at 11:50 am

Fire her and charge her with assault. No one should touch a child or their property. Her attitude was completely hateful. The student handled the situation very maturely. Can’t say the same of nasty woman on the bus. Until there are consequences to this type of action, unfortunately we will see more of the same.

12. Faye

March 10, 2019 at 1:01 pm

This really makes me so mad. I’m sick of these people who think they can bully people who don’t believe like they do. I really disliked Obama but I never said or did anything to anyone who wore an Obama shirt, hat or bumper sticke. These people need to be punished so this kind of behavior stops.

13. Mary Johnson

March 10, 2019 at 1:10 pm

You can be offended but you do not have the right to touch a person just because you do not like what they wear. That is assault and should be dealt with as such.

14. PT

March 10, 2019 at 2:29 pm

What if the kid said the woman’s face was offending him. Should she take it off and put it in her backpack?

15. H

March 10, 2019 at 2:42 pm

Terminate her for assault, get her to a psychiatrist so she can hopefully learn how to be an ADULT. Trump derangement syndrome is a real disease,

16. H

March 10, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Arrest her for assault. Get her to a psychiatrist so she can learn to be an ADULt. Trump derangement syndrome is real.

17. Dale Michael Williams

March 10, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Where are the parents of these children and when do they show any balls and courage. Taking something/anything from someone thru force – is FELONY STRONG ARMED ROBBERY! This kid needs parents other than the ones he had. If that happened to me and my parents didn’t have the balls to make a felony complaint, and/or make a Citizens Arrest since a minor was involved and they are his guardians who have 100% right to do so – that kid needs to get his ass out of that family as quickly as he is old enough and capable of doing so. He CANNOT depend on that cowardly filth who are his parents/family to protect him, which in essence, is telling him he isn’t worth the effort. Who in bloody hell needs or wants parents like that. No one should be that pathetic.

• Sybil8

March 11, 2019 at 9:53 pm

This Story was on the news. Apparently the child called his mother when he got to school and she rushed down immediately and got the police involved.

18. Eric M.

March 10, 2019 at 4:03 pm

Notice how this NEVER happens to let’s say a 6 ft 230 lb man? It’s always an adult ( and I use that term loosely ) attacking a child. The very meaning of the words bully and coward!

I wear my MAGA hat and never run into this. Why? Because I AM that 6 ft 230 lb man. Oh I get looks no doubt, but the first one that try’s to grab it off my head would get hit so hard it would knock the fucking smell out of their socks! Homey don’t play that!

19. Rebecca Holstine

March 11, 2019 at 1:09 am

This woman has no business working anywhere around children and a school. Fire her now. The tape speaks for it’s self. The mother said she wants it investigated. And I have an idea the stupid woman will be charged with assault. Believe me, they are mentally ill. And it is time to come down hard on them…they are out of control.

20. E G MUSK

March 11, 2019 at 5:10 am

That’s assault.

21. Michael Jusko

March 12, 2019 at 1:46 am

Thats a sweet hat! I want one!!