WATCH: AG Barr Embarrasses Reporter Who Asks If He’s Trying To ‘Protect’ Trump
WATCH: MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Loses It – Wonders if She’s Crazy After Watching Barr Presser, “Am I Nuts?”
12 Year-Old Wakes Up to Find Strange Man Undressing in Her Room — But Her Parents Were Armed
WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Co-Writes, Narrates Video Where Her ‘Green New Deal’ Saves The World
A week after Fox News host Jeanine Pirro went after Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar for wearing a hijab her show has been pulled from the schedule. The announcement came mere hours before her show was set to air on Saturday.
Fox News Channel replaced tonight’s broadcast of Jeanine Pirro’s weekly program with a repeat episode of its documentary series “Scandalous,” just days after the 21st Century Fox-owned cable-news network said it condemned remarks the outspoken host made about Minnesota Democrat Ihan Omar.
The change in Fox News’s schedule was evident in an on-screen cable guide. But a Pirro broadcast had been placed in newspaper TV listings for this evening.
When reached for comment, a Fox News spokesperson said, “We’re not commenting on internal scheduling matters” and declined to elaborate.
During her broadcast last Saturday, Pirro, a former New York prosecutor, suggested Omar, a Democractic representative, did not respect the law set down by the Constitution of the United States. “Is her adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which is antithetical to the U.S. Constitution?” Pirro asked.
A handful of advertisers have in recent days expressed their unease. Personal-finance marketer NerdWallet, pharmaceutical advertiser Novo Nordis and online marketplace Letgo have indicated in press statements they will all stop running ads in Pirro’s program.
Fox News condemned the words of its popular host in a statement it issued after she made her controversial remark.
”We strongly condemn Jeanine Pirro’s comments about Rep. Ilhan Omar,” the network said in a prepared statement. “They do not reflect those of the network and we have addressed the matter with her directly,” it said.
Rep. Omar responded to the controversy. “Thank you, @FoxNews. No one’s commitment to our constitution should be questioned because of their faith or country of birth,” she said via Twitter.
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) March 11, 2019
President Trump expressed his support of the Fox News host in a tweet on Sunday morning.
While the circumstances suggest she has been suspended, there is no indication that she has been fired. After all, Pirro is one of the highest-rated weekend cable news hosts on TV.
It is unclear when Pirro will return to air. A source later told CNN’s Brian Stelter that Pirro was suspended for two weeks.