WATCH: California Gov. Smacks Down CNN Host After He Suggests Trump Has Not Been Responsive to Coronavirus
‘The View’ Issues Rare Praise for President Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Stance and Ensuing Remarks
Pelosi Wants To Talk Blame for COVID Spread? Here’s Video of Her Telling People To Crowd into Streets
WATCH: Shivering, Beaten ‘Like a Piñata’ – Chris Cuomo Says Coronavirus Caused Him to Hallucinate About His Deceased Father
George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, is suing two Democratic presidential candidates over their incendiary tweets about the movement that grew out of his case.
The infamous Florida man was charged with murder after he engaged in an altercation with the seventeen-year-old Martin, and ended up shooting him and killing him in 2012.
Zimmerman was acquitted for the murder of Martin in 2013, but activists have hounded him and made the case into a social justice cause.
On Tuesday, he filed a lawsuit against former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and Sen. Liz Warren (D-Mass.) over tweets he claimed were defamatory against him. He is seeking $265 million in damages.
“Trayvon Martin would have been 25 today,” Buttigieg tweeted.
“How many 25th birthdays have been stolen from us by white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear?,” he asked, adding the hashtag for “Black Lives Matter.”
Warren tweeted a similar message.
“He should still be with us today,” said Warren of Martin.
“We need to end gun violence and racism,” she added. “And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free.”
The lawsuit accused the politicians of tweeting simply “for political gain in misguided and malicious attempts to bolster their standings amongst African-American voters, all at Zimmerman’s expense.”
Zimmerman has also previously filed a lawsuit against Martin’s family, the state of Florida, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Here’s more about Zimmerman’s lawsuit: