John Krupinsky, the hockey coach who went viral after demanding his players respect the national anthem, has doubled down on his remarks and explained that his passion comes from seeing too much death and disrespect.

Krupinsky’s locker room speech went viral on the internet this week. In the video, the hockey coach insists that players respect both the American and Canadian national anthems, or leave.

In the viral video, Krupinsky — who is also a police sergeant — can be heard saying

If there’s anybody here who is going to be disrespectful to either the American or the Canadian national anthem, grab your gear and get the f*** out now because you’ll never see the ice in this arena. We don’t have that problem in hockey. We’re better than that, but there was no sense in wasting anybody’s time if that s*** was going to happen.

( Content warning: Rough language):

The assistant coach for the Danbury Hat Tricks of the Federal Hockey League discussed the video on “Fox & Friends.”

“I take pride in my country,” Krupinksy said. “I’ve unfortunately seen it cover too many coffins. I think we can take a timeout to give two minutes’ worth of respect to our soldiers, to our firemen, to your policemen. I don’t think that’s asking too much. I’m not going to apologize for asking players to show a little bit of respect when it’s either the American or Canadian national anthem.”

He added, “Some people said, ‘Oh you wouldn’t let your players protest.’ I wanna be clear: My players would be free to protest on their day off. If they had something they wanted to do.”

When the national anthem is playing, however, it’s an entirely different story.

“I don’t think it’s too much to ask your employees to show some respect for the flag and for the country,” he reasoned.

1. Cindy

July 11, 2019 at 10:44 pm

Here, here to a real American coach with some national dignity and pride. Thank you.

2. Kathie

July 11, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Can you say “AWESOME”!!! This man is a leader….we need more of him! See, this is the reason some folks have meltdowns over Trump. Trump set standards for his employees, he tells them his expectations, he leads by example in the workplace, he’s Griff because he’s old school. Today’s wimps are not leaders, they’re whiners and suers when they “feel” they are offended. Nobody knows how to think rationally. Kudos to this man!! Signed: Marine Mom

3. angie d

July 12, 2019 at 5:55 am

A REAL American! We need more like him! The Democrats HATE America. It’s a JOKE for them to even PRETEND they love America as they allow Muslim terrorists and all sorts of illegal indigents who come in for welfare. Democrats Are Destroying Our Country.

4. SJ

July 12, 2019 at 7:31 am

God bless him, I hope he is ready for the hate and attacks that will be thrown is way.

5. bongson

July 12, 2019 at 8:27 am

I ‘m very proud of him, an outstanding Coach, God Bless Him &America.

6. Ruth Bosic

July 12, 2019 at 10:03 am

I only wish more Coaches had his backbone!

7. Linda

July 12, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Police Sergeant and Hockey Coach John Krupinsky, you are a great American. Thank you Sir.

8. Polly

July 12, 2019 at 7:02 pm

We pray for him.He has great leadership skills.He did what any strong leader would do.