Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus responded to boycotts of his stores in a Facebook post Thursday, saying “it angers” him to be treated so viciously simply for expressing support for the president.

“I woke up this morning thinking it was going to be another great day,” he wrote. “I’ve been celebrating with friends, family and the community since I turned 90 … All that happiness blew up because I said in a newspaper interview that I have supported and will continue to support Donald Trump.”

“Boom!” he continued. “Negative stories… vicious threats, without cause, to boycott the company that has enabled my foundation to give billions to support autism, medical research, education, heart and neurological issues like stroke, and to help our veterans. … The people who work there are affiliated with both political parties or no party at all … Why would people want to hurt them?”

He added: “Am I in China? Argentina? Russia? That’s what it feels like to me.”

Liberals and anti-Trumpers began harassing Marcus and boycotting Home Depot after he told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution he supports Trump, and the paper reported he was a top donor to the Trump campaign. The focus of the story was on his philanthropy — the billionaire plans to give 80 to 90 percent of his wealth to charity after he dies.

He concluded the post by saying it “saddens” and “angers” him that he and employees of Home Depot would be treated this way simply because he expressed his feelings about the president, but that it won’t stop him from doing more for the world in the remainder of his life than all of his critics combined.

“It saddens me that our country has come to this, where I, as a private citizen, cannot express my feelings,” he wrote. “It angers me and it saddens me, but it sure as hell is not going to stop me. If you thought it would, you’ve got the wrong guy. In the next ten years, God willing, I will accomplish more to save this world than my critics will do even if they had forty lifetimes.”

1. Shari Early

July 12, 2019 at 4:35 pm

I’m spending my money at Home Depot. Let the closet cryers boycott. At least the employees won’t be stuck hours trying to explain how to use power tools to them and can help people who have a clue.

• Ann

July 12, 2019 at 4:52 pm

I agree! Only morons and imbecile are on the left. You gotta be real dumb to buy their crap.

2. Roni Reilly

July 12, 2019 at 4:50 pm

I’ve always liked HD over Lowes and will continue to use and support them with my patronage.

3. MissD

July 12, 2019 at 4:52 pm

God Bless you and your family sir and God Bless America !
    Trump 2020!!!

4. Susan Jobson

July 12, 2019 at 4:59 pm

We are a Veterans’s family and we shop at Home Depot. If those out there think they can stop all of us think again!! I’ll bet we could get all the Veterans together and stand up for President Trump. You want a fight you might just have bit off more than you can chew.

5. cas

July 12, 2019 at 5:04 pm

Now that is a classy man. I love HD, and thank you for our military discount. I enjoy it and get great service whenever I go. I’m going to Home Depot today. May Home Depot keep being blessed. <3

6. Terry

July 12, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Ha, as if the left even know how to use power tools. They live with their parents and don’t even have a job. Let them boycott.

7. EttaMae

July 12, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Fantastic Mr. Marcus. A true patriot. It’s wonderful how you have helped so many with your donations. God Bless you with many more years. Plus, my husband & son-in-law only shop there for our business & homes.

8. Ulla Camp

July 12, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Unfortunately there will always be people willing to “chop off their own noses” if they think it will hurt somebody they do NOT AGREE with……
    Marcus has had NOTHING to do with running this company for a long time so instead of hurting him, they are hurting all those who works there, who are just like everybody else trying to make a living for their families………
    Marcus has worked his whole life and has accumilated some money. THAT money he has the right to spend which ever way he pleases, and it is NOT for the democrats or liberal to try to tell him, what to do with it……..I applaud you Mr. Marcus and hope you will continue to have a good health for a long time…….Happy 90th Birthday.

9. RIC CARTER

July 14, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Democrats boycott Home Depot, shoplifting drops 91%.