James Murdoch tendered his resignation from the Board of Directors of News Corporation, the parent company of FOX News.

Rubert Murdoch stepped down as the CEO of FOX in June 2011 and handed the reins over to his son James.

James Murdoch’s wife Kathryn Murdoch is an outspoken leftist who works for the Clinton Climate Initiative.

The resignation went into effect today.

In a filing to US regulators, he said he also disagreed with some “strategic decisions” made by the company,

The exact nature of the disagreements was not detailed.

But Mr Murdoch has previously criticised News Corp outlets, which include the Wall Street Journal, for climate change coverage.

Representatives of Mr Murdoch and his wife Kathryn have acknowledged the couple’s “frustration” with coverage of the subject by some of the company’s most influential news brands, including Fox News.

They have also spoken of particular disappointment about climate change denial in Murdoch-owned Australian outlets.

August Takala from Mediaite says he wants to invest in left-leaning media outlets.

• neo says:

Just another CEO/Board of Director stepping down after trying to control the media and report everything from a liberal slant….I guess Nepotism doesn’t quiet work the way it did in the past….huh … Rubert

• Robert Ruder says:

Hey there James, don’t let the door hit you in the ash on your way out the door.

• Robert Ruder says:

I hope that Paul Ryan the anti-Trump nit wit is the next one out the door

• Terry says:

I am hoping that Fox News will start to steer to the right from now on. There are far too many leftists news shows on now for my taste. We have so few options these days for patriotic news now, so we need Fox to go back to the way it used to be. There are far more Conservatives out there that need Fox. As of now, most Conservatives only watch the evening programming on Fox. That’s where we get our fill of good programming. I could care less about their daytime stuff.

• Donna Pecoraro says:

Good, maybe FNC will get back to the conservative values we enjoy!

• WaveForm says:

Maybe that’s a good sign. I deleted my account with faux news several months ago. Maybe I can go back, just have to see how things go.

• Anthony says:

Fox (pun intended) is now in the hen house and Fox News is about to swallowed up to join the left view. Not much left to get the truth anymore. Blaze TV as long has Glen Beck is alive is still a good source. Also the Conservative Fighters website.