Jill Biden’s first husband is speaking out about what he claims was then-Sen. Joe Biden’s affair with the woman who is now hoping to become America’s first lady.

“I was betrayed by the Bidens,” Bill Stevenson said in a new interview with Inside Edition. “Joe was my friend. Jill was my wife.”

Stevenson said that he is not voting for the Democratic presidential nominee, but will instead support President Donald Trump because he agrees with Trump’s law-and-order positions.

The Bidens have said that they met in 1975, and that a blind date turned into a romance and later marriage.

Stevenson said that’s not how he recalls it.

“We got married in ’70, I introduced Joe to Jill in ‘72. Right before the election in ‘72, Jill, Joe, Neilia and I were in his kitchen. How do you forget that?” Stevenson said, referring to Biden’s first wife, who was later killed in a car crash along with the Bidens’ infant daughter.

In an interview with the U.K. Daily Mail last month, Stevenson said he believes Biden and his wife were having an affair by August 1974.

“I know exactly when it was,” he said. “Bruce Springsteen was going to play at The Stone Balloon and I had to go to Northern New Jersey to pay him in advance,” he said, referring to a club he owned

“I asked Jill to go with me and she said no — she had things to do, she had to look after Joe’s kids, Beau and Hunter. It was kind of a big deal to go meet Springsteen. I had no idea she and Joe were that kind of friendly,” he said. “Then one of her best friends told me she thought Joe and Jill were getting a little too close. I was surprised that she came to me.”

The final blow, Stevenson said, came when he found out about an accident Jill’s car had been in.

“I was at work and a guy came in and asked: ‘Do you own a brown Corvette?’ I said yes, it’s my wife’s car. He said back in May it had crunched his bumper and they told him to get an estimate and he never heard back from them. I said: ‘Wait a minute. Who is they?’ And he said: ‘Funnily enough, Senator Biden was driving,’” he said.

Stevenson told Inside Edition that when he spoke to Jill, “she didn’t say anything” and “just looked at me.”

“I said: ‘You gotta go. You gotta go get your own place,’” Stevenson recalled.

“Her father was begging me to take her back when he found out what was going on. He asked me to give her a second chance, but I wasn’t interested,” he told the Daily Mail.

“I considered Joe a friend. I’m not surprised he fell in love with Jill. Everyone who meets Jill falls in love with her immediately. It’s hard not to,” he said.

The divorce took effect in May 1975.

Jill Biden denied Stevenson’s allegations.

“These claims are fictitious, seemingly to sell and promote a book. The relationship of Joe and Jill Biden is well documented. Jill Biden separated from her first husband irreconcilably in the fall of 1974 and moved out of their marital home. Joe and Jill Biden had their first date in March of 1975, and they married in June of 1977,” a Jill Biden spokesman told Inside Edition.

Stevenson’s life took some bad turns.

He was convicted on a fraud charge and spent time on probation related to bad checks.

He said he is speaking out now to set the record straight.

“It’s years ago, but guess what, it’s so current right now, because he’s picking on people about character,” Stevenson told Inside Edition.

“I don’t want to hurt anyone,” he added to the Daily Mail. “But facts are facts and what happened, happened.”

“Listen. I’ve said from the very beginning, I have no hard feelings about Joe, Jill, the affair. It means nothing to me now,” he told Inside Edition.

“Everybody’s saying: ‘Bill, you’re being so mean bringing this up now.’ But if I don’t do it now it’s never going to be able to be brought up.”

• WaveForm says:

Well, don’t know if it’s true or not. I would, however, believe that hiden biden is capable of it. That I can believe. This communist socialist dem is capable of anything.

• Grayfox41 says:

Actually, I believe Jill is pushing Joe. I’m suspicious that she was jealous of Michelle as FLOTUS and has a burning desire to be an even more significant FLOTUS. Jill strikes me as a ruthless narcissist who would kill her husband out of self-pride.

• LST says:

I believe it, Biden is scum.

• Steve Fye says:

China Joe had been sniffing her hair for years before finally bagged her. The Biden’s are not good people. To put it mildly.

• Gerry says:

I like the label “China Joe” and you did put it mildly. The whole biden family is low life, no class, sewer dwelling, bottom feeding scum and I believe just as corrupt as the odumbos,clintons and soros.

• kodster says:

It’s funny. The Jill Biden spokesman didn’t really dispute Stevenson’s narrative. Yea, they separated, she moved out, due to irreconcilable differences, in the fall of 1974. He told her she had to go, move out in that timeframe. Irreconcilable because she was an adulteress, having an affair with Joe Biden while he was a Senator in the US Senate, so she had her OWN aspirations. Their first REAL public date where they could be seen together as a public item was in March of 1974. Before then, they had to keep it on the low and quiet, because he was a Senator, the publicity would have been damaging to his career. So, they waited until the divorce was finalized before having their first date. No disputing Stevenson’s narrative! Discernment is key to understanding how the Democrats SPIN everything towards their favor, and idiots believe them. No wonder Father says, Enough, I’m turning you over to the god you worship… Satan… the father of lies… in the coming Great Tribulation Age. Enjoy your trip through it, Joe and Jill Biden and those that follow you, vote for you, Joe, and your lying colleagues. You deserve the hell on earth you’re going to experience. Thing is, you lose in the long run of life… God wins. I’m on His Side.

• Bj says:

Also the driver of the semi that killed Biden’s wife said she drove directly into his truck and the police statement cooperates that fact. In fact, that driver saved his son life. He falsely accused the guy of driving while drunk snd killing his wife. Look it up it’s out there plain as day. Looks to me like she committed suicide to get away from the serial adulterer. Don’t think Jill was the only one he was “sniffing” then and now. I think they’re a couple progressive misfits with an open marriage. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…..his son is just like him. All the Bidens are morally bankrupt and thieves.

• Linda says:

You are right. Alcohol was not involved. Somehow the police reports were lost. (Imagine that???) But, fortunately, Delaware Superior Court Judge Jerome O. Herlihy, who oversaw the police investigation as chief prosecutor, remembered. He said there is no evidence supporting Biden’s claim.