Connect with us



An inmate in the same unit where Jeffrey Epstein hanged himself heard nothing the morning of his death — conflicting with another report that screams were heard coming from Epstein’s cell on the morning he died.

Nicholas Tartaglione, an ex-Westchester cop who faces the death penalty in a quadruple homicide upstate, was being held a few cells away from Epstein on Aug. 10, when he was found unresponsive around 6:30 a.m.

“Nobody heard anything. It was a silent act,” his lawyer Bruce Barket told NBC News.

Tartaglione was Epstein’s cellmate at the Manhattan Correctional Center when the convicted pedophile was first found nearly unconscious on the floor of his cell with injuries to his neck in July.

The hulking former Briarcliff Manor cop told investigators that he didn’t hear anything at the time and wasn’t responsible for Epstein’s injuries, sources previously told The Post.

Tartaglione has not yet been questioned about Epstein’s suicide, Barket said.

“Nick knows a heck of a lot about what went on,” the lawyer claimed to NBC. “He was there during the first attempt and he was there when he actually killed himself — he just wasn’t in the same cell.”

Tartaglione, 51, is awaiting trial on charges he murdered four men as part of a drug deal gone bad. He is accused of burying the bodies on his Otisville property.

“Whether or not he’ll be in a position to cooperate remains unclear,” Barket said. “But he certainly has information that would be very valuable to the investigation if they want access to it.”

As we previously reported, Epstein was taken off suicide watch on July 29, six days after the possible suicide attempt. He was then placed in a special housing unit and was supposed to have a cell mate as well as regular checks every 30 minutes.

According to the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, no correction officer checked on Epstein for hours before he reportedly hanged himself with a bedsheet from a top bunk; and he did not have a cell mate on the day he died.

  • Rob says:

    Strange he was taken off so called suicide watch so quickly. Could it be because the first so called attempt was decided that it wasn’t a suicide attempt at all and was a attempted murder. I want to hear their reasoning why they took him off suicide watch so shortly after the first attempt. You don’t do that if the person is truly suicidal. They had to get him out of cameras 24/7 view and quickly before he chirps like a birdy. There is no doubt the warden or who ever else has the authority to order the removal of suicide watch was paid off to set the stage. The lack of incompetence is baffling and unbelievable and because it is so unbelievable and convenient I have to wonder if his death was a set up to get him into wit protection because everyone knows a boat load of powerful and rich people will want him dead. They have to create a scenario so people quit looking for him. If they just swift him away and tell the public he is placed in wit protection. The rich and power will continue to look for him and they got the money to pay people off to leak where he is relocated. If they make the public think he is dead, no searching continues if you think he is 6ft below.

  • Annabel says:

    “Tartaglione, 51, is awaiting trial on charges he murdered four men as part of a drug deal gone bad. He is accused of burying the bodies on his Otisville property.”
    Of course this would have nothing to do with his silence or perhaps co-operation?

  • errollus says:

    This is getting boring. Epstein was murdered. They know it, we know it, everyone knows it.

  • Wes says:

    It’s interesting that someone reported ‘shouting and shrieking’ heard from Epstein’s cell the morning he died and Nicholas Tartaglione the ex-Westchester cop who had previously shared his cell didn’t hear anything. Could he have actually killed Epstein and the the guard watching Epstein who was not a regular corrections officer have been sent by the Clintons?

  • CF