On Saturday in Bowling Green, Kentucky, a man from Tennessee allegedly pulled a gun on a man wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat, stuck the gun in the MAGA-hat-wearing man’s face and reportedly threatened, “It’s a good day for you to die.”

The police report stated that the gun-wielding man was identified as James Phillips, 57, of Cottontown, Tennessee, according to WNKY. Phillips admitted he had given the finger to Terry Pierce and his wife, who were shopping at a Sam’s Club, as WBKO reported. WNKY added that according to the citation given Phillips, Pierce responded by giving the finger back at Phillips, prompting him to pull his gun.

Pierce told WNKY, “My wife was at Sam’s Club shopping Saturday night, and as we was walking up to the check-out line, a man approached us and flipped us off. I didn’t see the initial act; I seen him bringing his hands down and my wife had said, ‘Did he just flip us off?’ And she hollered at him, ‘Hey, did you flip me off?’ And he turned around and he done it again, and he said, “Yeah, I flipped you off because of them explicative hats you got on.’”

Pierce continued, “And when he said that, I went after him. And I went to him and I said, ‘What’s your problem, buddy?’ And he started screaming at me, so I returned the favor to him. Next thing I know, he drew a .40 caliber and stuck it in my face. Told me, he said, ‘This is a good day for you to die.’ And I asked him, I said, ‘Well, then, pull the trigger. Either put the gun down or pull the trigger’ … And he left, and when he did, I went after him. I actually, before I went after him, Sam’s Club management had come and said, ‘Did that guy pull a gun on you?’ I said, ‘Yes, he did.’ I said, ‘I’m going after him.’ They said, “No, don’t. We do not do stuff like that; we don’t want you having nothing to do with that.’ I said, ‘That’s not me. I’m going after him.’”

Pierce added, “So me and my wife went after him trying to find him, cause he’s already disappeared in the store. She seen him leaving the store, so I took out after him at the store, caught him out in the parking lot getting ready to get in his vehicle. And he couldn’t get in — he couldn’t leave because his mother was still inside the store shopping. And another argument ensued right there in the parking lot. And I told him, he said, ‘You assaulted me.’ I said, ‘Man, I never touched you.’ I said, ‘What gives you the right to come up and say and do something like that to us?’ And it just kept escalating and Sam’s Club management had already called the law, and that’s when they arrived and took over.”

Pierce commented, “I have as much right to wear that hat and support my country and my president as he has not to.” He concluded, “Our society is heading in the wrong direction. You’ve got liberal versus conservative. It shouldn’t be that way; it should be America.”

Surveillance video obtained by police substantiates that Pierce did not touch Phillips; it does not show the confrontation with the gun. But the police report cites witnesses who said Phillips did indeed pull a gun on Pierce, and also states Phillips had a Glock .40 caliber with one round chambered in his back pocket and two more magazines in another pocket.

Phillips was arrested for wanton endangerment first degree. According to the Kentucky state government website, “[w]anton endangerment, first degree, is a Class D felony carrying a penalty of 1-5 years in prison and a fine of $1,000 to $10,000.” Phillips is being held on $10,000 bond.

1. Larry Wilson

February 18, 2019 at 3:45 pm

put that ahole in JAIL…

2. Cas

February 18, 2019 at 3:52 pm

I’m sure this man still lives with his mama! lol. I hope Phillips serves time.

3. CPBlack

February 18, 2019 at 4:03 pm

This is the kind of crazy person who absolutely should NOT be carrying a firearm. Most of us who are licensed to carry are NOT crazy and we do so for protection from just this kind of lunatic. I live in a small town outside Nashville not too far from the little town where this Phillips guy lives and I can tell you that I have never seen this kind of behavior in my life. It does concern me that crazy people like this guy has a gun but the Pelosis and Schumers in DC want to disarm us all and that’s insane as well.

4. Mona L Giannini

February 18, 2019 at 4:07 pm

He should serve the full 5 year term limit. I wear my hat only when I am alone so as not to put any other members of my family or friends in danger of these deranged people. But, I will wear it every chance I get!

5. Kaleb

February 18, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Wow. Libtards wanna take away guns from us Conservatives just so they can kill us all

6. daz

February 18, 2019 at 4:35 pm

What gets me is with all the real criminals that get around with these fucking hoodies that hide their identity and nothing is said but a decent person wears a MAGA HAT and the lefties and the media go off their rocker it really is a fucked up world

• Margie

February 18, 2019 at 4:52 pm

The Democrats are going to be surprised when we start attacking them back! They have poked the bear too much,
      Now we are in attack mode!
      Time they learned Payback is a bitch!

7. William

February 18, 2019 at 4:51 pm

That simple minded asshole should never be able to obtain another carry permit anywhere.

• Ginny

February 18, 2019 at 4:55 pm

That’s right! I know of 50 people that recently got their conceal & carry license! It’s time to do an old
      Maxine Waters on Democrat Socialist!

8. RCB

February 18, 2019 at 5:24 pm

HEY LEFTIE DEMS….WE the people are not like the leadership of the GOP—we will fight back when confronted—we could care less about aoc–naner panties–chuckster WE WILL FIGHT BACK WHEN WRONGED

M A G A

9. Earnie Bailey

February 18, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Stating support for a person or product is not illegal. Being offended by MAGA items is not illegal. Pulling a gun and pointing it at someone is illegal. Let’s not forget stupid, pulling a gun on someone is stupid.
    I understand the country is divided on what they believe but you cannot be divided as Americans. Democrats lost and republicans won. Trump is president and Hilary is not. In 2 years Americans will vote again. Meanwhile, live as Americans are supposed to do.
    By the way Democrats, your electing people to our government that are socialist. For those that do not understand I’ll put it this way. Your electing communist party into office. Know who at what your voting for.

10. Linda

February 18, 2019 at 6:08 pm

Kentucky….Tennessee does not need its village idiot back.

11. Matt

February 18, 2019 at 6:39 pm

James Phillips, a former holder of a concealed carry permit…

Fixed that for him.

• Ginny

February 18, 2019 at 9:39 pm

Yes Democrats want to take away our guns, because they
      intend on having complete control over American People.
      The ones that don’t comply with their rules will be
      arrested. They don’t want us to have anything to fight back their Militants, when they come for us.
      Democrats are proving now that they are Tolitarian Dictators who do not follow the laws of this country.
      They are walking all over us now!
      I will never conform, so kill me now!

12. Pearl Lemdal

February 18, 2019 at 9:39 pm

The man looks pathetic.Has anyone noticed how these left crazies all have these popping eyes.
    Jail time

13. Tim Woolsey

February 21, 2019 at 10:20 am

So where are the libtard trolls Sean Perry, Olivia and patrosklos or what ever it calls itself on this story. Or even the fake news media. If the roles had been reversed and it was the patriot pulling the gun, this would have been blasted all around the country. The racist biased GMA would have already interviewed the guy.
    I like calling out these liberal ass hat trolls cause they never answer me back. Bunch of nut-less gutless anal bags that sit in their safe place with their phallic shaped pacifiers thinking that they are computer warriors. WHAT A PATHETIC BUNCH OF LOSERS! SMDH