First lady Melania Trump fired back at the women of “The View” through her spokesperson on Wednesday after they pushed a bizarre conspiracy theory about a body double.

“I’ve always found it sad that a group of women spend so much time attacking another woman, whose only goal is to help children,” said Stephanie Grisham, the first lady’s representative, to USA Today.

“Yesterday’s show went beyond the petty, mean-girl spirit that we’ve grown accustomed to,” she added.

Grisham also tweeted about the show, calling it “shameful.”

“In typical fashion,” she tweeted, “@theview chooses to laugh in the face of tragedy. Shameful.”

“People died, people lost family and people are hurting in Alabama,” Grisham continued in her statement. “I watched the President and First Lady hug, listen to and comfort people who had lost everything. The ladies of The View really should consider devoting that air time to helping people.”

The co-hosts on the show discussed the possibility that the first lady was replaced by a look-alike in several public photo events with President Donald Trump.

“I spent, like, an hour on Saturday involved in this,” co-host Sunny Hostin said. “Melania is a very tall, statuesque woman, and the one that we saw — the first one that we showed — she looks kind of short. Look how short she looks.”

While most of the other co-hosts talked down the conspiracy theory, they were criticized by many on social media for giving it any credence at all.

Trump himself criticized the conspiracy theory on his Twitter account, and claimed that news services were photoshopping images to further the bizarre story.

“The Fake News photoshopped pictures of Melania, then propelled conspiracy theories that it’s actually not her by my side in Alabama and other places,” he tweeted. “They are only getting more deranged with time!”

1. Tom

March 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm

I noticed that not one of these shallow gossiping ninnys made one effort the help the people of Alabama.All they can offer is petty critcism for someone how goes down there to support those suffering people. Typical liberal Hollywood trash!

2. Gloria Annette Johnston

March 14, 2019 at 6:36 pm

Why is the View still on?

3. Guillermo

March 14, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Joy Behar’s body double is Carrot Top!

• Michael_T

March 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Joy Behar’s body double is Carrot Top!

Only when Satan is too busy.

4. MJ

March 14, 2019 at 8:44 pm

I was at a car dealership Tuesday in the service department waiting to have the oil changed in my vehicle. The big screen television that was there for the customers pleasure was on ABC, Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest was on air with 3-4 minutes left on their show. Immediately after them was “The View.” When I saw what was coming on, I felt sick to my stomach because I hate the show and did not want to have to watch it. I have not watched it since Meredith Vieira and Barbara Walters left. I set there gritting my teeth thinking, “I’m going to have to sit here and listen to this crap because it’s pouring rain outside, I have no where to go while waiting for my vehicle.” I set there for the first 3 minutes, Joy Behar immediately began to spew her ignorance and hatred of President Trump! I looked around the room, 6 black people and 3 white people were also in the waiting room. Trying not to offend or cause any problem, I spotted the remote control, picked it up and asked out loud, “is anyone watching this and would it offend anyone if I changed the channel?” Everyone in there replied, “not at all!” I switched it to The Price is Right!
    I said all that to say this, we are sick of these far left, ignorant women that think everyone is beneath them and are so stupid if we don’t agree with them! We are sick of these networks that are so biased and as long as the television has a way to change the channels we will continue to do so and THINK FOR OURSELVES. We do not need any of these idiot women to share their ignorance!

5. Bob

March 15, 2019 at 12:28 am

When I heard AOC saying she wanted to get rid of farting cows, I thought she meant taking “The View” off the air.

• Michael

March 15, 2019 at 1:04 am

Ha!

6. Roni Reilly

March 15, 2019 at 10:54 am

Whatever happened to “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all?”
    BTW, Bob, good one.