Socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) whined on Monday about the possibility that she may not get a $4,500 pay raise — which she downplayed as only being a cost of living adjustment — as she compared members of Congress to minimum wage workers.

Fox News’ Gregg Re reported that there has not been a cost of living adjustment for members of Congress for the past nine years and that Democrats in vulnerable states are worried about how a $4,500 pay increase will look during the next election.

Fox News’ Chad Pergram caught up with Ocasio-Cortez — who makes $174,000 per year —on Monday and asked her about the possibility that Congress would not get the pay raise.

“You know, it may not be politically popular to say, but honestly, this is why there’s so much pressure to turn to lobbying firms and to cash in on members service after people leave because, because precisely of this issue,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “So it may be politically convenient and it may make you look good in the short term for saying, ‘oh, we’re not voting for pay increases,’ but we should be fighting for pay increases for every American worker. We should be fighting for a $15 minimum wage pegged to inflation so that everybody in the United States with a salary, with a wage gets a cost of living increase.”

“Members of Congress, retail workers, everybody should get cost of living increases to accommodate for the changes in our economy and then when we don’t do that it only increases the pressure on members to exploit loopholes like insider trading loopholes to make it on the backend,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “And that’s my issue, is that it’s superficial, you know, can vote against pay increases all you want, it’s in my opinion voting against a pay, voting against a, it’s not even like a raise, it’s a cost of living adjustment.”

“So, you can vote against a cost of living adjustment all you want and it’ll look good on its surface but it will, every cost-of-living adjustment that, that gets bypassed, is voting to increase the pressure to exploit loopholes and legal loopholes to kind of lean on other ways to enrich oneself through service,” Ocasio-Cortez concluded. “And so my whole side of it is like, it may not be optics, it may not be great optics, it may not like look the best in terms of your opponents could use it as a political, exploit as a political issue, but in substance, you might as well be transparent about a cost-of-living increase.”

1. Mari Brenner

June 11, 2019 at 9:18 pm

STHU, no brain!! You don’t deserve what you got now!! Go back to your bartending (which turned out to be a lie cause you showed us you don’t know how to mix a drink) and GTHO of our our govt. and country!! A flea has a bigger brain than you have!! OMG!!

2. Loyal P Kuhn

June 11, 2019 at 9:38 pm

While your $4500.00 increase in pay is deemed to be “not even like a raise”, try living on my $1180.00 a month that Social Security feels is all I need to have. Your increase is equal to almost 4 months of income for me.

• Laurie

June 11, 2019 at 11:50 pm

My thoughts exactly, as my retirement income is very similar to this. She needs to shut her greedy, ignorant mouth and be grateful she’s making 10x (at least) more than she’s worth.

3. Tommy Ryan

June 11, 2019 at 9:43 pm

$4,500 annually?!
    Nasty-ol’Kotex says it’s “Nothing”?!
    Since I became disabled due to many circumstances back in 2005, my total SSD fixed income is ONLY a smidge above $1,000/mo! I used to pull in almost 2&1/2 times that before my circumstances sidelined me permanently.

These elitists need to hit the unemployment line and possibly get out of the USA altogether for trying to hurt the American economy with their unconstitutional ideals.

4. Gerald Cline

June 11, 2019 at 9:50 pm

If you divide a Congress critter’s salary ($174,000) by the number of days they actually work a year (around 110), and assume they work eight hours a day on the days they actually do work, that means they are being paid around $200.00 an hour. Let me get this straight…? AOC cannot survived on $200 an hour? She is going to be tempted by “dark money” (lobbyists?) who would bribe her (as if she would refuse a bribe anyway) to pass legislation that benefits their clients? What expenses does she have in her budget that cannot be addressed with a wage of $200 an hour (plus the bribes she takes from the lobbyists)? What is wrong with this picture…?!?!?

• Wilson

June 11, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Keeping that one brain cell alive on oxygen 24/7 is expensive. But she could always make that same money as an extra on the walking dead and they will not even have to give her any lines other act normal.

5. Carol

June 11, 2019 at 10:39 pm

Honey, if you had a real job, you have to work and get things gone before you receive a pay raise . You have not done this yet. You run your mouth but no work.

6. LST

June 12, 2019 at 1:55 am

I only wish I were paid $174,000 per year, I wouldn’t be bitching. I’d be damned happy and grateful. Dumb little bitch isn’t worth $17,400. More like $1,074. If she doesn’t shut the fuck up, make it $1.74.

7. Don

June 12, 2019 at 6:26 am

This filthy HOE need to go back behind little bar make 5/hr mix drinks for people, instead of BS with big mouth. Damn!

8. Boyd

June 12, 2019 at 12:20 pm

She says we need $15 an hour as a minimum wage, but she again says that what she is making is “like minimum wage”. Uh…..enter mathematician please?

• JAIME.