Vice President Mike Pence responded to attacks from South Bend, Indiana mayor and presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg during an interview on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” that was teased Wednesday.

“He said some things that are critical of my Christian faith and about me personally. And he knows better. He knows me,” Pence stated in the interview that will air on Thursday morning.

“But I get it. You know, it’s—look, again, 19 people running for president on that side in a party that’s sliding off to the left. And they’re all competing with one another for how much more liberal they can be.”

Buttigieg, who is openly gay, has recently begun attacking Pence over the vice president’s views on marriage and religion. Pence is an evangelical Christian who does not personally support same-sex marriage, but there is no evidence he has ever discriminated against gay people.

“If me being gay was a choice, it was a choice that was made far, far above my pay grade,” Buttigieg said Sunday at an LGBT event. “And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me — your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.”

Buttigieg and Pence have had a political relationship for years, dating back to their time in Indiana politics. When Buttigieg came out as gay in 2015, Pence supported him, saying, “I hold Mayor Buttigieg in the highest personal regard. I see him as a dedicated public servant and a patriot.”

Pence’s wife and daughter, Karen and Charlotte, defended both the vice president and religious freedom Tuesday night, during an appearance on The Story With Martha MacCallum.

1. Nee

April 14, 2019 at 7:18 pm

No freaking gays for president, so disgusting, they are not wired right. Font need them or want them. Freaks!

• Karen Carr

April 14, 2019 at 9:25 pm

I agree. They should have to have extensive medical treatment and have their brain checked carefully. God did not make him what he is, God gave us CHOICE! This man chose evil, sensual, abomination to God !!! They are evil and we do not have to support him or anyone I don’t agree with. If that is racist then do what!!! I want a President to be proud of and I am very proud of President Trump

• Ahzz

April 15, 2019 at 11:28 am

Sickening! President Peter (likes) Butt-Dredging and the First Lady ~ uh, “First Fag”!
      GOD HELP US! America is in ‘Crisis Mode” when it’s come THIS!

2. Gayle

April 14, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Just because Vice President Pence believes marriage is between a man and a woman does not mean he mistreats or harm gays. He is a very kind and loving person.

3. Po!ly

April 14, 2019 at 9:16 pm

People are free to believe whatever they want.But they shouldn’t attack you for hours .This man is wrong to attack Mr Pence

4. Linda

April 14, 2019 at 9:35 pm

77% of Americans are believers in the Christian faith. Another liberal just trying to outdo all the other Democrats, who think they should be President. As Butthead spews his hate, he helps seal his and the Dems fate in 2020.

5. Suzanne

April 15, 2019 at 9:36 am

This man named Butt…..has just told us what kind of person he really is. If he would turn on someone who WAS his friend and coworker and who supported him and publicly, then he is a despicable human being and cannons be trusted to treat others right. He just told us that he is the kind of person who will stab anyone in the back to get what he wants. We don’t need more politicians like that!