A protester rushed the stage and threw a “bleach-like substance” at the Daily Wire’s Michael Knowles during a speech he was giving at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, titled, “Men are not women.”

In a video posted by the Daily Wire, Knowles is giving his talk while hecklers try to shout him down.

“I didn’t think I was this intimidating,” he quipped.

“I believe that gentleman just threw paint on me,” he commented, later noting that he didn’t “know what this substance is” and speculating that it could be “milk.” The Daily Wire described it as “a bleach-like substance.”

He applauded security for taking the culprit down, before continuing his lecture.

“I think whatever sort of paint that guy tried to throw on me, I think it mostly landed on the lectern and on my speech. I’ve got a very glittery speech about how men are not women,” he said with a laugh.

Periodically throughout the video, protesters can be seen at the door trying to force their way past security. Protesters were yelling slogans including “trans rights are human rights,” “respect my existence,” and “hands up, don’t shoot.”

After the incident, Knowles tweeted, “A student tried to squirt bleach on me during my speech tonight. Lucky for me [h]e was a left-winger and couldn’t even shoot a squirt gun!”

“These are the people conservatives on campus are up against,” he remarked.

Knowles later clarified that authorities had informed him it was not bleach but an “unknown odorous liquid.” He snarked that it “appears the attacker was a hoaxer who was fine getting charged with assault but wanted to avoid a felony.”

In a tweet of its own, the university said, “We have a responsibility to allow free speech, but we cannot condone physical disruptions of peaceful activities. We believe free speech can be exercised constructively in a way that doesn’t put people at risk. We are gathering facts and will review campus policies & procedures.”

1. Linda

April 12, 2019 at 9:36 pm

/The reason incidents like these occur is due to the lax, permissiveness of the universities. There’s free speech, but not free violence of any kind. And if you can sit and listen respectfully to someone, even those with whom you disagree; then you bug out like the insect you are. No one will miss your presence.

2. Grace Joy

April 12, 2019 at 10:38 pm

These Leftists work for Soros. They cover their faces just like the “Palestinians” (Arabs) do. This is just a slight escalation: Wait until they start using bleach like the Muslims do in EU. This guy must be sentenced in the strongest way possible: If it was a nontoxic substance, he still needs to be charged with terrorism, assault, & anything else they think can stick. No plea deals unless he turns over his bosses.

As it is, this “antifa” group can stop conservative speakers at colleges; because the Leftist colleges back down. If we don’t start protecting our laws, we will lose them.

3. Alison

April 13, 2019 at 3:10 am

This mess CHOSE to disrupt and assault. Actions have repercussions. This mess will now be held accountable. Excellent!

4. Ed

April 13, 2019 at 3:19 am

I’m guessing that the judge at arraignment will require this goofball to remove the stupid, cowardly mask. Maybe the press will get a snapshot then and expose this terrorist. This was obviously a premeditated act, so should be prosecuted as such.

5. Big Montana

April 13, 2019 at 9:46 am

TRAITORS

6. Hubert Webb

April 13, 2019 at 1:04 pm

These people are not protesting to protect our rights they are protesting first because they are spoiled brats who want their way and are willing to Cry like Babies in public. But not only that they are part of George Soro’s terrorism team and are paid to do his bidding. Most people are adult enough to sit through someones speech and if they don’t like their content they wait until it’s their turn to speak and they say their mind. But these people don’t have enough respect to wait their turn and actually try to force their opinions on everybody taking away other people free speech. This is a dangerous trend that our millennials are being taught by the Liberal Left Criminals.

7. Bluewren

April 14, 2019 at 4:52 am

Truly amazing how Americans are just now waking up don’t Amerian parents even question what is being taught their offspring? I have heard of Jewish parents giving their sons a recording device to take into their classroom so they can check up on what is being fed into their children’s young minds. Jewish people do have higher IQ’s than average so I suppose that explains it.No I am not Jewish *smile* regretfully.