An agreement was made in the Colin Kaepernick collusion case, his attorney, Mark Geragos, announced on Twitter. Geragos didn’t include any details of the settlement, but did say there had been active dialogue between the two parties, leading to an agreement.

No one knows for sure, just how much Colin Kaepernick received as part of his collusion settlement with the NFL. However, if the latest reports are accurate, Kaepernick won’t have to worry about working in the NFL or anywhere else anytime soon.

According to Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman, the NFL paid the former 49er and original anthem protester somewhere in the range of $60 to $80 million.

Kaepernick Attorney Mark Geragos released a statement shortly after news of the settlement broke. However, a confidentiality agreement between the NFL and Kaepernick’s legal team, prevented the disclosure of exact details:

For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL. As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party.

The NFL Players Association released a statement acknowledging the settlement:

Today, we were informed by the NFL of the settlement of the Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid collusion cases. We are not privy to the details of the settlement, but support the decision by the players and their counsel.

We continuously supported Colin and Eric from the start of their protests, participated with their lawyers throughout their legal proceedings and were prepared to participate in the upcoming trial in pursuit of both truth and justice for what we believe the NFL and its clubs did to them. We are glad that Eric has earned a job and a new contract, and we continue to hope that Colin gets his opportunity as well.

Kaepernick’s saga began in the preseason of 2016, when he refused to stand for the playing of the national anthem at preseason games. He told Steve Wyche of NFL Media:

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder … This is not something that I am going to run by anybody. I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. . . . If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right.

Later that summer, Kaepernick expanded on his previous comments, saying:

There is police brutality — people of color have been targeted by police. That’s a large part of it. [The police] are government officials. They are put in place by the government so that’s something that the country has to change. There are things we can do to hold them more accountable. Make those standards higher…You have people who practice law, lawyers, who go to school for 8 years, but you can be a cop in 6 months. You don’t have to do the same amount of training as a cosmetologist. I mean someone with a curling iron has more education and training than people who have a gun. That’s insane.

Also that summer, Kaepernick wore socks to practice that featured the image of a pig in a police officer’s hat. He stated, “I wore these socks in the past because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust.”

In November 2016, Kaepernick was booed in Miami after he had praised Cuban President Fidel Castro. During the 2016 season, in one game against the Chicago Bears in 2016 he became the first QB in league history to be sacked five times and throw for fewer than five yards in a game. In that game, he carried the ball six times for just 20 yards. In 2016, he started eleven games; he won exactly one.

By June 2017, after he had not found a job in the NFL, Kaepernick was comparing police officers to fugitive slave patrols. In August 2017, some executives around the NFL told ESPN the polarizing nature of Kaepernick was too much trouble; one executive said that teams were worried Kaepernick would put his political agenda above the team. He added, “As a team builder, I cannot risk that happening again, especially for a borderline starter who needs the entire offense catered to his style.”

In October 2017, Kaepernick filed a grievance claiming all 32 NFL teams conspired to keep him off the field. The complaint accused NFL owners, saying they “have colluded to deprive Mr. Kaepernick of employment rights in retaliation for Mr. Kaepernick’s leadership and advocacy for equality and social justice and his bringing awareness to peculiar institutions still undermining racial equality in the United States.”

Later that month, Random House imprint One World forked over $1 million for a book by Kaepernick, according to the New York Post’s Page Six. In the summer of 2018, Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reported that Kaepernick and Nike agreed to a new contract; Robinson reported that Kaepernick signed a “star” contract that put him level with a “top-end NFL player” worth millions per year plus royalties.

1. Pearl Lemdal

February 16, 2019 at 8:06 pm

Well now al! The people who watch football is guilty of this travesty

2. FLOYD REED

February 16, 2019 at 8:08 pm

FAKE NEWS

3. Grace Joy

February 16, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Disgusting. Really pathetic.

4. Nee Kennedy

February 16, 2019 at 8:11 pm

If it’s true, that sorry pocrap doesn’t deserve anything, he is a disgrace to this country!!!

5. Rocky

February 16, 2019 at 8:15 pm

IF the figure given is correct, I’m going to be sick. I always enjoyed football until Kaepernick appeared on the field. He and a few others ruined the game for me, I haven’t watched an NFL game in many moons.

6. Steven Arreguin

February 16, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Screw the nfl. Im done with NFL football in my house.

7. Mickey

February 16, 2019 at 8:22 pm

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!! The other players should be totally pissed!!

• SandyJ

February 17, 2019 at 8:27 am

That is totally insane. He doesn’t deserve one penny after his shenanigans. He’s a disgrace to his race as well as every other player.

8. BOB MATHESON

February 16, 2019 at 8:23 pm

DONE WITH THE NFL WHEN THEY CAN GIVE HIM $60-80 MILLION AND FIGHT TO GIVE ANYTHING TO PLAYERS SUFFERING FROM MENTAL AND PHYSICAL PROBLEMS. OBVIOUSLY THEY DON’T NEED ME OR MY MONEY!

9. Raconteur

February 16, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Good; that will be less money to spread amongst the rest of the NFL assholes. Hopefully they lose even more fans who pay tribute to these peckerheads.

• Oscar Pearson

February 16, 2019 at 8:35 pm

The NFL supporting thugs should be a crime! Money buys their way out!
      GO XFL 2020!

• Raymond Martucci

February 16, 2019 at 8:38 pm

I am hoping the fans will stay away. What I have also heard is there is a new football coming out and they are trying to sign kapernick

10. Raymond A Martucci

February 16, 2019 at 8:36 pm

The NFL can die for all I care. They put him up to this kneeling crap along with a few others and he is going to get paid? People in this country needs to stay away from football let it die

11. Jill

February 16, 2019 at 8:38 pm

It was all about the Benjamins. The whole thing was disgusting to the vast majority of “previous” NFL viewers. It seems like it’s always something that the NFL can’t handle or make a decision on. No decision is a decision And the American public is getting tired of it…and the NFL.

12. Mary

February 16, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Kaperdick isn’t worth 1 Million. What a joke, he and his lawyers did a shakedown of the NFL and fans

13. Holland180

February 16, 2019 at 9:05 pm

What a cave job by nfl. It’s a disgrace to have that dipshit benefit from inciting disrespect to our National Anthem and flag.

He deserved nothing and should have been counter sued for loss of nfl revenue. I would never view or support anything associated with him…

14. Joel Johnston

February 16, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Only re-inforces my decision to continue to watch NFL, and start watching the new league!!!

15. Col. Snyder

February 16, 2019 at 9:15 pm

This pay-off’s message? A dumb sob can easily be manipulated into being a political pawn–and get away with it. Wealthy people don’t won’t their dirty laundry aired in public. What’s $5 Million EACH to NFL owners? They make this idiot (and his girlfriend) go away, and recoup that money on game 1.

Meanwhile, Afro-sheen Retro-boi dumps the GF, signs with the new league for $20 Million, gets cut at midseason, then sue’s them. Not having the deep pockets of NFL owners, the fledgling league folds, taking some 500 well-paying black jobs with it. Kuperdick is killed in a random robbery at a Waffle House in Wichita Falls, Texas a year later.

16. LINDA AND Tim Lally

February 16, 2019 at 9:18 pm

So this JERK gets paid at least 60 million for WHAT? Shaking down the NFL is what he did. Boy he learned from the best black shake down artists Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. What a joke!!! I HAVE NO RESPECT for this guy. How pathetic.

17. neo

February 16, 2019 at 9:58 pm

NOW that the claim “Has been settled” let’s see HOW much COLON donates to the “underprivileged youths ….I betting NOT ONE CENT….it’s ALWAYS been about the money….He is a Colon with the anus being his face.

• PM

February 17, 2019 at 4:45 am

Exactly! He and his socialist gang are always whining about the 1% and how they should pay 90% in taxes to “help” support the poor and social justice crap. Let’s see what he does! I agree probably nothing, he’ll throw a “benefit/gala” so others give then take the credit for his big gift for himself. Too many hits to the head, he’s too stupid to know he the 1% he says he hates. The whole NFL are nothing but thugs that don’t care about anyone but themselves. (With a possibility of a handful that are decent) Disgusting that he got paid even a penny.

18. David Dolan

February 16, 2019 at 10:03 pm

I don’t care how much he gets, he’s still a DICK HEAD, an un american AZZ hole!

19. PT

February 16, 2019 at 10:17 pm

Haven’t seen a game for 3 years. MOST DEFINAT#LY made the right decision!

20. Gordon

February 16, 2019 at 10:21 pm

Crapper-nick and the MFL ( motherf***ng F L) which is more pathetic and unAmerican ? It’s a hard call. See who sponsors them. Spend not one red cent with the likes of Nike et. al.

21. Lucy

February 16, 2019 at 11:29 pm

I wonder if the NFL would give me millions for not giving me a job. Probably not since I am white. Bummer

• Joseph Kempski

February 17, 2019 at 9:44 am

Sue them, you have 2 things going for you, your white and female.

22. Skillet56

February 16, 2019 at 11:37 pm

The real winner in all of this is the Alliance of America Football

23. LST

February 16, 2019 at 11:43 pm

Bullshit, I’d have given the worthless monkey 60 to 80 cents. I piss on the Nigger Felon League.

24. Janis Johnson

February 16, 2019 at 11:44 pm

Hmm, I’m calling bullshit.If the NFL paid Kaepernick $60 million they have set a precedence and every NFL player will find some bullshit cause to take a knee over and then sue the NFL if they don’t get to play well into their 60’s. The NFL had solid proof that Kaepernick cost them millions and the should have counter sued him.

25. 4lllls

February 16, 2019 at 11:58 pm

His evilness wont take him far. Thinks he pulled a fast one. Loser piece of demonic crap. I hope the team beats his ass. America should send him packing.

26. WANDA LEBEAU

February 17, 2019 at 12:15 am

MONEY WAS WHAT HE WAS AFTER & THE NFL GAVE IT TO HIM. NOW THEY WILL CHARGE MORE FOR TICKETS.
    DO THEY KNOW HOW STUPID THEY ARE. AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE A ASS HOLE.

27. Richard Cole

February 17, 2019 at 12:48 am

This entire thing was a money scam. He knew his skills were failing him and this is how he decided to make some extra cash.

28. John Isbell

February 17, 2019 at 12:49 am

I never watched a game this season because of what that butthead started. I have really lost my interest in NFL football. I doubt if I ever will come back to the game. I really feel that they don’t want my kind of people watching anyway. So long NFL!!!

29. MAGA

February 17, 2019 at 12:51 am

He just won the ghetto lottery

30. Granny

February 17, 2019 at 6:46 am

Let’s see how much he gives to all the reasons he took a knee for and how many children will benefit from his windfall. Oh that’s right he’ll take it all to Africa and give it to his buddies,ISIS, so they can murder more people.

31. Joseph Kempski

February 17, 2019 at 9:33 am

Gutless nfl. Caved to a punk nigger. This is why I will never watch an nfl game. Threw out all my packer shit and ripped them up. Never will watch a bunch of gutless pigs called the nigger football league

32. Joseph Kempski

February 17, 2019 at 9:37 am

People of color, what color is this piece of shit. Hes all nigger. Bye bye nfl. Hope you go out of business death to the nigger football league

33. stephen winters

February 17, 2019 at 9:41 am

I GIVE U ONE DOLLAR,SCUMB BAG.

34. PNut67

February 17, 2019 at 9:42 am

The millions he just made will be going to our enemies to fight us. Remember y’all, he IS married to an IS LAME DOG B*TCH. She will see to it that the money makes it over to the mid East. SHE is the whole reason he started kneeling in the first place. 80 mill sure can buy a lot of AK47s….a SHIPload of them, in fact.
    The real winners are the newly created American….no, let me type that like this:
    AMERICAN Alliance of Football & the reformed XFL, returning in 2020, ANNND the REAL football fans.
    He’ll, I’m already watching AAF & loving it cause they don’t have all the p*say assed “you can’t TOUCH the QB, receiver, or punter” rules….ITS GREAT FUN!!
    Yes, what I just did was a cheap, FREE plug for the AAF…I made ZERO money off that.

35. Lfty64

February 17, 2019 at 10:47 am

If you are a college player and you are not taken in the draft, then you should sue the NFL for colluding not to draft you, even if there is no proof of that. This with Kaepernick is same thing as is there is no proof of collusion. He shouldn’t be getting a nickel, how can you force an employer to hire someone, if that employer feels that person is not a good fit for their operation. Is the courts going to evaluate his athletic abilties. They should have went to court.

36. Ahzz

February 17, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Phuck “Colon Cancer KaperPrick, NO-GOOD-ell and the NFL!”
    Thank God for College Football!

37. Alan Schilde

February 18, 2019 at 7:16 am

Can not believe that they gave this Asshat any money at all. He is a loser and an American Pansie.
    There is a new football league, the Alliance of American Football has been on since last week and next year there will be 2 new football leagues. The AAF Alliance of American Football and the XFL Xtreme Football League. 2 new choices for Professional Football.

38. Yank

February 18, 2019 at 12:51 pm

Ahahahahahahahahaaaaa! If they paid this unAmerican ass one penny, they paid him to much!! lmao! I don’t think even the NFL would be THAT stupid but, hey, they gave Goodell another contract so that tells you something… Ahahahahahaaaa…