President Trump announced Thursday on Twitter that White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will be leaving her position at the end of the month. The president has not yet named a replacement for the position.

Sarah Sanders called serving the president an “honor of a lifetime” and said she “couldn’t be prouder” of the administration’s work. “I’ve loved every minute, even the hard minutes,” Sanders said at the event, calling her role the “most special experience” of her life second only to being a mom of three.

Sanders later tweeted saying she is “blessed and forever grateful to @realDonaldTrump for the opportunity to serve and proud of everything he’s accomplished. I love the President and my job. The most important job I’ll ever have is being a mom to my kids and it’s time for us to go home. Thank you Mr. President!”

Sanders, 36, and the daughter of former Arkansas Republican Gov. Mike Huckabee worked on her father’s presidential campaign during the 2016 Republican primary until he dropped out of the race. She then joined the Trump campaign and, subsequently, the Trump administration as a White House communications aide. She was promoted to White House press secretary in 2017, after the president’s first top spokesman, Sean Spicer, resigned from the position.

If she chooses to follow in her father’s footsteps the seat for governor opens up in 2022.

Throughout her tenure at the White House, Sanders has come under fierce criticism from members of the press for being dishonest on the president’s behalf during press briefings that were often contentious and emotional. Eventually, the press secretary stopped giving daily briefings altogether at the suggestion of the president who said the press covered her “rudely and inaccurately.”.

“I’m going to continue to be one of the most outspoken and loyal supporters of the president and his agenda and I know he’s going to have an incredible six more years and get a lot more done,” Sanders said.

Huckabee also tweeted about the news of Sander’s departure, taking the opportunity to praise his daughter calling her “a great one” and joking that he says that “with as much objectivity as Fake News CNN has towards @POTUS.”

Her full comments are below:

Thank you. Thank you so much. I’ll try not to get emotional because I know that crying can make us look weak sometimes right?

This has been the honor of a lifetime, the opportunity of a lifetime. I couldn’t be prouder to have had the opportunity to serve my country and particularly to work for this president. He has accomplished so much in these two and a half years, and it’s truly been something I will treasure forever. It’s one of the greatest jobs I could ever have. I’ve loved every minute even the hard minutes I have loved it. I love the president. I love the team that I’ve had the opportunity to work for. The president is surrounded by some of the most incredible and most talented people you could ever imagine. And it’s truly the most special experience.

The only one I can think of that might top it just a little bit is the fact that I’m a mom. I have three amazing kids, and I’m going to spend a little more time with them. And in the meantime, I’m going to continue to be one of the most outspoken and loyal supporters of the president and his agenda. And I know he’s going to have an incredible six more years and get a whole lot more done like what we’re here to celebrate today. And I don’t want to take away from that, so I certainly want to get back to the tremendous thing that the people behind me have done. And thank you so much Mr. President. It’s truly an honor.

1. ANA

June 13, 2019 at 8:15 pm

THANK YOU FOR YOUR NICE SERVICE SARA .
    GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
    WITH RESPECT
    ANA

• Julia Olson

June 13, 2019 at 10:44 pm

Thank you Sara Sanders for all your great speeches from the Press Box. This country and especially the Republicans are truly grateful.!!! God Bless you your husband and your children!!!!

2. Tommy Ryan

June 13, 2019 at 8:16 pm

A hearty thankyou to Sarah Sanders for dealing with that grueling job for President Trump.
    She represented President Trump fiercely & with integrity…defending not ONLY President Trump’s integrity, but her own as well…for 3 years.

The MSM mainstream media looks even more pitiful & unamerican as a result of that.

Job well done, my dear!!!

• pamela bouchey

June 13, 2019 at 8:55 pm

Sara you have been an tremendous influence for good in our Country. We all wish you Blessings and love in your future endeavors. May you always heed the call from our Lord. We need God-loving people in our lives all the time, but at this juncture in our Politics, we need all the help of God shining down on us with all his mighty wisdom and love..

3. Sgt2U

June 13, 2019 at 8:20 pm

Truly a great woman….

4. Polly

June 13, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Bless this wonderful woman and mother who is smart and will make a great Govenor

5. Ed

June 13, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Americans were blessed to have a person of such high character to be at The President’s side. Just look at the selfish, spiteful, grandstanding garbage he has to put up with in The House. Sarah Sanders showed the world the real side of America.

6. RockyMtn1776

June 13, 2019 at 8:27 pm

Thank you for your loyalty, honesty and dedication to President Trump and America. You are the epitome of a REAL public servant. Best of luck and we do hope to hear more good things from you ion the future.
    God Bless !

7. Sharon

June 13, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Sarah Sanders has been head and shoulders above the all the disgusting people that have made rude and nasty comments not only TO her, but also ABOUT her and behind her back. This is the kind of woman that the world needs more of. She is honest, sincere, hard-working, and above all, a woman of character. God bless you, Sarah, and God bless your family for the sacrifices you made on behalf of our country, as well as our wonderful President!

8. Sam

June 13, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Thank you, Sarah, for doing such a great job. Hate to see you go.

9. cc

June 13, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Bless you Sarah Sanders you have truly been an inspiration. You will be greatly missed. I hope your replacement has the same courage as you.

10. Frank

June 13, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Truly a beautiful woman inside and outside. Thank you

11. Rhonda Albrecht

June 13, 2019 at 9:27 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an outpouring of love and appreciation for a Presidential press secretary, in my entire life, as what we are seeing today for Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and I’m almost 62 years old, so that’s saying something! She has done a fantastic job, which reflects well on President Trump, as well as her father, Governor Mike Huckabee!

12. neo

June 13, 2019 at 9:31 pm

I just hope Sarah ‘s replacement can do as good a job as she has done….thank you for your patriotic service…..you will be missed…

13. Grace Joy

June 13, 2019 at 9:42 pm

G d bless, Sarah. WHO CAN REPLACE HER?????

14. Joy DB

June 13, 2019 at 9:57 pm

All the comments reflect exactly how I feel and how I so respect our outgoing Press Secretary!! Sarah Sanders has set a VERY high standard, and her loyalty and courage will be missed for some time to come. But, God willing, her replacement will keep her high standards in mind ans he or she tries to fill those amazing shoes!! God bless and Godspeed, Sarah!!

15. Lee Guy

June 13, 2019 at 10:06 pm

She is leaving some big shoes to fill…she was THE best Press Secretary in my lifetime…and I’m 70 years old. May God continue to bless you young lady…you truly did so right for our President and our Nation.

16. Scotty

June 13, 2019 at 10:11 pm

Sarah has been a superb representative of President Trump’s administration. Her time as Press Secretary will be remembered as one of grace under pressure! Look at what she faced in those conferences, James Acosta for one, reporters not there for information only to bait and accuse. I will enjoy thinking of her truly enjoying a more relaxed time with her family. Well done, Sarah, well done.

17. Jim Mackin

June 13, 2019 at 10:25 pm

I can’t be emphatic enough in how much I appreciate the work Sarah Sanders has done. Just as emphatically I appreciate her reasons for leaving now. Kids grow up fast. Besides, there is only so much of that type of job a normal person can take. We’re lucky to have had her as long as we’ve had.

18. Arlene

June 13, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Sarah Sanders is an amazing person and a real asset to the President. She will be greatly missed.

19. IMJustice

June 13, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Next up John Voight …
    Or The Rock (if he isn’t on the “dark side”)

20. Raymond A Martucci

June 13, 2019 at 11:02 pm

Thank you Sarah for everything you have done. We love you and wish you the best of luck on your new journey. God bless you

21. LST

June 13, 2019 at 11:33 pm

This really sucks, no one else could do that job as well as she has. Most of us are sure going to miss her.

22. Samuel Hay

June 13, 2019 at 11:47 pm

You and your Dad are both Patriotic Americans. We are blessed to have had your serve.
    I think if it were me I would have to say to the press, “If you have a question without throwing in your own personal agenda and without your childish innuendoes, please feel free to ask it. Otherwise keep your damn mouth shut.”

23. Virginia Calhoun

June 13, 2019 at 11:48 pm

THANK YOU SARA SANDERS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU HAVE DONE.

YOU WILL TRULY BE MISSED!

24. S.anders

June 13, 2019 at 11:51 pm

Congrats you did a great job and it was great to see you grow and you are a real role model …thanks for all

25. Yes

June 14, 2019 at 12:27 am

Hopefully a run for the presidency in 2024

26. Rick

June 14, 2019 at 1:03 am

Thank You Sarah, you’re a great person. You did very well.

27. mike dar

June 14, 2019 at 7:18 am

I can hardly imagine the sacrifice involved with being a mother and time requirements needed to do her job at the level she did. literally being a Governor of her State would be a lessor sacrifice of time spent with her family.. by far.
    Thank you for your sacrifices for the Nation and the raising of children in this Nation!

28. Matt P

June 14, 2019 at 7:39 am

You will be missed. Before you leave could you please slap Jim Acosta?!?! LOL
    Great job and you’re an inspiration to every young lady that wants to grow up to be strong and independent!
    Good luck in future endeavors.

29. Michael Jusko

June 14, 2019 at 8:30 am

Thank you, Sarah!! You certainly showed the democrats what class is all about…not that they would try to emulate that…but you always took the high road. Enjoy your time with your kiddos and please run for Governor of Arkansas!! We appreciate you!

30. Kent Nielsen

June 14, 2019 at 9:15 am

Sarah is totally awesome and I have loved her ability to stand up to the corrupt press and so easily put them in their place. Wonderful job, you will be missed, thank you so much.

31. Mark Terzano