A substitute teacher was fired and then arrested over a brutal beating she gave to a student after video of the incident was posted to social media.

32-year-old Tiffani Shadell Lankford can be seen wailing away at the student and then kicking her after she falls to the ground. The incident occurred during a foreign language class at Lehman High School in Kyle, Texas.

Video of the incident was circulated on social media.

Another video from a different angle shows that the student took a swing at the teacher before she brutalized the student, who was either 15 or 16 years old.

The student was released to a parent who took her to a hospital.

Lehman Principal Karen Zuniga released a statement decrying the behavior of their teacher.

“Under no circumstance is that behavior tolerated at Lehman High School or in Hays CISD,” said Zuniga.

“We take the safety and security of our students seriously. We took swift action when this incident occurred and will do everything necessary to protect our students,” she added.

Lankford had only worked as a substitute teacher for the district since August.

She was charged with aggravated assault, which is a second-degree felony.

Here’s the shocking video from KXAN:

• MAC says:

As a kid I took boxing. The trainer said if I swung like a littlepussy again, he wasn’t working with me. Said if you take your shot, hit hard. I guess someone had the same trainer…….

• Deb says:

This is teacher attire the sub is wearing? How repulsive and unprofessional — her pants are so tight that her underpants lime is showing. She ought to be ousted just for that! And is the student white? I guess there is some big racial hatred going on here, too.

• MO says:

If this is what it is gonna take to get these punks to respect the teacher then go for it. Spare the punch spoil the brat I say.

• LST says:

Just spooks behaving normally, nothing to see here folks…

• taterr says:

I bet she doesn’t run that mouth at a teacher again not to mention swing at one.Yeah students have rts but try an put yer self in a teachers shoes.. They have to deal with these smartass bratts all day. An sometimes more than just one not counting differant classes. Yeah some will say there just kids. Hell some of those just kids can pack a mule on there shoulders. Put paddling back in school an let the teachers (with a witness) Give real teaching.

enough said

TRUMP 2020

• ELINOR ANN DEMENDONCA says:

The student should not have hit anyone BUT the over zealous BEATING by the teacher who beat her like a boxing champion, out for blood was horrid. I hated to see it and if the girl had been my child I would have had the teacher arrested and charged with attempted murder. That is what it was, wasn’t it?????