Connect with us

Published

on

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) responded Sunday to criticism over his plan to oppose the certification of Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory, which is scheduled to happen during a joint-session of Congress on Jan. 6.

Cruz revealed the plan on Saturday, and he is being joined by 10 other Republican senators. In a joint statement, the Republican senators explained they would object to the certification unless Congress established a commission to conduct an audit of the 2020 presidential contest.

The senators cited concerns of election fraud.

“Voter fraud has posed a persistent challenge in our elections, although its breadth and scope are disputed. By any measure, the allegations of fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election exceed any in our lifetimes,” the Republicans said in a joint statement.

Their effort is separate of that being undertaken by Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), who became the first Republican senator to declare his opposition to the Electoral College vote certification. Hawley, however, is objecting on claims that Pennsylvania and other states did not follow their election laws in the 2020 election.

Speaking on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures,” the Texas Republican urged critics to “tone down the rhetoric,” especially those launching stiff accusations that opposing certification is treasonous.

“Everyone needs to calm down. I think we need to tone down the rhetoric. This is already a volatile situation,” Cruz said.

“Yesterday, when I released my statement with 10 other senators, I had multiple, multiple Democrats urging that I should be arrested and tried for the crimes of sedition and treason. That’s not helpful,” he added. “We have a responsibility to follow the law.”

Earlier in the interview, Cruz explained why he is calling for an “Electoral Commission” to audit the election. Cruz cited allegations of election fraud, but more importantly, public polling data that shows a significant number of Americans believe the 2020 presidential contest was “rigged.”

Outright dismissing those concerns about election integrity erodes confidence in the American electoral process, Cruz explained.

“We ought to resolve these claims not just dismiss them out of hand,” the Republican explained.

According to Cruz, the plan he released on Saturday is a third option to answer election concerns.

“Look, we’ve got to vote on January 6 on certification and every member of Congress faces a dilemma. Frankly, two pretty lousy choices: one, we can vote to certify by not considering any objection. If we do that that will be heard by a lot of Americans as saying, ‘We don’t think voter fraud is a real concern. We don’t think these claims should be investigated thoroughly,'” Cruz said.

“I know that’s not what most of us believe. But, secondly, and I think all of us, rightly, don’t want to be in a position where we’re suggesting setting aside the results of an election just because the candidate that we supported didn’t happen to prevail. That’s not a principled constitutional position,” he continued. “That’s why, in assembling this group of 11 senators, I was looking for a third option, an option that was really moored in the law.”

Advertisement
5 Comments
  • harrison buenll says:

    we come to dc in masses to get the thing done. cruz wants to stall some more and send us hom. he sounds like deep state to me

  • Dot S says:

    It’s not fair…it just isn’t fair to all voters who voted the right way, only one ballot. It’s as plain as the nose on your face that Trump has been cheated out of a Presidency the correct and proper way for 4 years, and now this. Just not fair. Oh well, for 4 years I can do without a President.

  • Michael says:

    You won’t have to. Don’t count Trump out just yet. He will prevail by the Grace of Almighty God!

  • SJ says:

    Yes we know the results we get from special commissions and special counsels. Phoney biased results, they aren’t honest. And who really believes there will be any machines left to audit that haven’t been tampered with? You have an insane amount of evidence and it isn’t enough. Truly this is the bible playing out. Lies will be called truth and truth will be called lies.

  • Evangeline says:

    Our hope is in God. Trump is little David fighting huge powerful Goliath and we know how that turned out. The battle is the Lord’s and if it’s His will, Trump will prevail. If he allows this steal, then He has his reasons. And one of them might be the same as when he allowed Israel to be defeated by their enemies. They didn’t worship Him any more. Look at the sin in our country! People lift up sin as good and want God out. I’m hoping and praying He will give Trump is rightful win, even against these impossible odds, because He is listening to our prayers, the prayers of the millions of true Christians that love Him and honor Him.

  • CF

    News

    Nikki Haley Breaks with Trump: ‘We Shouldn’t Have Followed Him, and We Shouldn’t Have Listened to Him’

    Published

    on

    Nikki Haley, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, believes that former President Donald Trump “let us down.”

    Haley’s remarks come as the former president’s legal team prepares to present its defense of Trump during his second impeachment trial in the Senate.

    In a Politico interview published Friday, Haley, former South Carolina governor, said that “we shouldn’t have followed” Trump.

    “We need to acknowledge he let us down,” she said in an extensive profile. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

    She also told the outlet that she has not spoken to Trump since the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol, and takes issue with his remarks condemning former Vice President Mike Pence’s refusal to reject the Electoral College vote.

    “When I tell you I’m angry, it’s an understatement,” she expressed. “I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him. Like, I’m disgusted by it.”

    The former ambassador, who many people are speculating may run for the White House in 2024, also added that Trump will never accept the results of the 2020 presidential election.

    “There’s nothing that you’re ever going to do that’s going to make him feel like he legitimately lost the election,” she explained. “He’s got a big bully pulpit. He should be responsible with it.”

    Haley also warned that many people still love the former president and will not stop supporting him just because he is out of office.

    “I know how much people love Donald Trump,” she admitted. “I know it. I feel it. Whether it’s an RNC room or social media or talking to donors, I can tell you that the love they have for him is still very strong. That’s not going to just fall to the wayside. Nor do I think the Republican Party is going to go back to the way it was before Donald Trump. I don’t think it should.”

    Haley added that people, instead, should “take the good that he built, leave the bad that he did, and get back to a place where we can be a good, valuable, effective party.”

    “[I]t’s bigger than the party,” she insisted. “I hope our country can come together and figure out how we pull this back.”

    Referring to Haley’s possible 2024 ambitions, Politico’s Tim Alberta wrote, “Since last fall, I’ve spent nearly six hours talking with Haley on-the-record. I’ve also spoken with nearly 70 people who know her: friends, associates, donors, staffers, former colleagues. From those conversations, two things are clear. First, Nikki Haley is going to run for president in 2024. Second, she doesn’t know which Nikki Haley will be on the ballot.”

    Haley also said that she didn’t believe Trump had a chance of winning in a 2024 election scenario.

    “I don’t think he can,” she admitted. “He’s fallen so far.”

    “I think his business is suffering at this point,” she added. “I think he’s lost any sort of political viability he was going to have. I think he’s lost his social media, which meant the world to him. I mean, I think he’s lost the things that really could have kept him moving.”

    Continue Reading

    News

    WATCH: Trump’s Defense Team Absolutely Ruins Democrats With 13 Minute Montage of “Fight” Word Like Trump Did

    Published

    on

    The Democrats demonized President Trump for using the word ‘fight’. Trump’s attorneys responded today with a collage of clips from each of the Democrats in the room using the word ‘fight’.

    This portion of today’s events on Capitol Hill was excellent. The Democrats claim that because President Trump used the word ‘fight’ in his speech on January 6th in Washington D.C. However, what every Democrat in that room forgot was that they too had used the word previously in political speech.

    The montage went on for 13 minutes. (The video montage starts at 7:10 timeframe.)

    Continue Reading

    News

    WATCH: Trump Attorneys Destroy House Managers on Lying to American Public and Using Manipulated Tweet as Evidence

    Published

    on

    President Trump’s defense team took the floor of the US Senate on Friday in defense of President Trump in the Senate impeachment trial.

    Trump Attorney David Schoen absolutely destroyed the House Managers when he took to the floor of the US Senate.

    At one point Schoen played video of the Democrat lawmakers lying about a Trump tweet.

    House Impeachment Manager Eric Swalwell gave a riveting performance on Wednesday reading off Trump’s tweets with emotional appeal.

    During this theatrical performance, Swalwell read off a Trump retweet by Jennifer Lynn Lawrence.

    But there was one problem with the tweet. It was photoshopped.

    Jennifer Lynn Lawrence has never been verified by Twitter. Democrats faked that to make it look more important.

    On Friday Trump Attorney David Schoen destroyed Democrats for lying about this to the American public.

    WATCH:

    Continue Reading

    News

    White House Suspends Deputy Press Secretary For Allegedly Sexually Harassing, Threatening Reporter

    Published

    on

    The White House announced on Friday that it was suspending Deputy Press Secretary TJ Ducklo after a report surfaced alleging that he sexually harassed and threatened a female reporter who was getting ready to publish a report revealing that he was dating a reporter who had previously been tasked with covering Democrat Joe Biden.

    “The confrontation began on Inauguration Day, January 20, after [Politico reporter Tara] Palmeri, a coauthor of Politico’s Playbook, contacted [Axios political reporter Alexi] McCammond for comment while one of her male colleagues left a message for Ducklo,” Vanity Fair reported. “Ducklo subsequently called a Playbook editor to object to the story, but was told to call the Playbook reporters with his concerns. But instead of calling the male reporter who initially contacted him, Ducklo tried to intimidate Palmeri by phone in an effort to kill the story. ‘I will destroy you,’ Ducklo told her, according to the sources, adding that he would ruin her reputation if she published it.”

    “During the off-the-record call, Ducklo made derogatory and misogynistic comments, accusing Palmeri of only reporting on his relationship—which, due to the ethics questions that factor into the relationship between a journalist and White House official, falls under the purview of her reporting beat—because she was ‘jealous’ that an unidentified man in the past had ‘wanted to f***’ McCammond ‘and not you,’” the report added. “Ducklo also accused Palmeri of being ‘jealous’ of his relationship with McCammond.”

    White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said following the report that Ducklo has been suspended for a week over the incident.

    “TJ Ducklo has apologized to the reporter, with whom he had a heated conversation about his personal life,” Psaki wrote on Twitter. “He is the first to acknowledge this is not the standard of behavior set out by the President.”

    “In addition to his initial apology, he has sent the reporter a personal note expressing his profound regret,” she continued. “With the approval of the White House Chief of Staff, he has been placed on a one-week suspension without pay. In addition, when he returns, he will no longer be assigned to work with any reporters at Politico.”

    Reporters called out the administration over the incident, highlighting how the Trump administration did not treat reporters that way as well as issues with the timeline of events with regard to the White House taking action to address the incident.

    “The Vanity Fair piece indicates that Politico editors reached to the WH after the incident first occurred and the WH acknowledged it was inappropriate,” Spectator editor Amber Athey wrote on Twitter. “But they clearly didn’t have any interest in disciplining Ducklo until his behavior was made public.”

    New York Magazine reporter Olivia Nuzzi wrote on Twitter: “I covered Donald Trump for 6 years. It is saying something that this behavior — from a Biden official — shocks me.”

    Grabien founder Tom Elliott highlighted the following remarks that Biden made a few weeks ago: “If you’re ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect, talk down to someone, I promise you I will fire you on the spot, on the spot. No if, ands, or buts. Everybody — everybody is entitled to be treated with decency & dignity.”

    CNN anchor Jake Tapper responded to the quote, writing: “Standards that are not upheld are not standards. They’re lies.”

    Continue Reading

    Trending Today

    >