Best-selling author James Patterson — who wrote “Filthy Rich: The Billionaire’s Sex Scandal–The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein” — told Fox News on Tuesday that then-private citizen Donald Trump threw alleged pedophile Jeffrey Epstein out of Mar-a-Lago after he was notified about complaints being made against Epstein.

Patterson made the remarks while appearing on “The Daily Briefing” with host Dana Perino. Epstein, 66, was arrested on Saturday on child sex trafficking charges and faces up to 45 years in prison if convicted.

President Trump was asked about Epstein — a billionaire who rubbed shoulders with celebrities and world leaders — while speaking to reporters on Tuesday.

“I knew him like everybody in Palm Beach knew him. He was a fixture in Palm Beach. I had a falling out with him a long time ago,” Trump said. “I don’t think I’ve spoken to him for 15 years. I wasn’t a fan. I was not a fan of his, that I can tell you. I was not a fan of his.”

Perino asked Patterson about Trump’s remarks: “President Trump said earlier that he had a falling-out with Epstein about 15 years ago. Do you know what that was about?”

Patterson responded: “Well, I know that there were some complaints about Epstein at Mar-a-Lago and also I spoke to the head of the spa there. I said ‘did you ever meet Epstein?’ She said, ‘oh yes… he was inappropriate with some of the younger women there.’ She said she went to Trump and he threw him out of the club.”

At another point in the interview, Patterson said he “knows Trump didn’t know” about Epstein’s alleged criminal activity.

Investigative journalist Conchita Sarnoff told Fox News’ Shannon Bream on Monday night that when former President Bill Clinton traveled on Epstein’s private plane that there were “underage girls” on the plane and that he “many times” did not have his Secret Service detail with him.

• JAIME. says:

THE CLINTONS ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW!!!!!

• Stephen Russell says:

Even then citizen Trump knew he was bad,Good call & then & Now for prosecution, Yes, Take HIM down with Clintons

• Lea says:

Then Private Citizen DJT was Not a fan of JE, And when he was Allerted of J. E. inappropriate Behaviour w/ Younger Females, Then Private Citizen DJT, Threw Him Out Of The Club at Mar-A-Lago. He Did the Right Thing, And Severed Any And All Ties w/ J.E. And That was Many Years Before Ever Running For President Of the USA…. I don’t see any problem w/ that. Now, had DJT Not severed his ties w/ J.E. Nor had Not thrown J.E. out of Mar-A-Lago, & had DJT Continued a relationship w/J.E., then That would be a problem now!

• Brian R says:

sadly the reporter Sarnoff will be at high risk now. as soon as a Clinton is challenged the risk goes to red.

• Brian says:

Sarnoff will now need security as Clinton;s will target her.

• Wilson says:

Might find her soon in a wood chipper with all of hillary’s unsold copies of what happen.

• Michael McCallion Sr. says:

Something about ‘where there is smoke’ a trail of mysterious violence follows the Clintons. Wondering what ever become of Slick-Willy’s BFF— Mr. Vernon Jordan.

• Mac says:

Epstein is gonna sing to get his sentence reduced. The Big Question, Will the NY fed court Listen or hide it???? I say they will hide it.