On Friday, two days after she and two other high school girl track competitors filed a federal lawsuit against the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), which has permitted boys to compete in events and win awards that would otherwise have gone to girls, Chelsea Mitchell defeated one of the biological males who has won numerous titles in girls’ events, winning the Class S 55-meter dash title with her time of 7.18 seconds. She beat Bloomfield High School student Terry Miller, who is a biological boy and ran the event in 7.20 seconds.

As The Daily Mail noted, “Mitchell also came first in the 300-meter dash, while Miller was 16th, and Mitchell won the long jump.”

According to the Hartford Courant, “There was no interaction between the two before or after the race.”

Mitchell said she didn’t think that winning against Miller, the first time she had beaten Miller, would affect the lawsuit, stating, “I don’t think it could go against, there’s still tons of girls that lose on a daily basis.”

Mitchell, Selina Soule, a senior at Glastonbury High School, and Alanna Smith, a sophomore at Danbury High School, filed a federal lawsuit with their families after CIAC’s policy allowed two males to compete in girls’ athletic competitions beginning in the 2017 track season. Those biological males, Miller and Andraya Yearwood, had taken 15 women’s state championship titles (titles held in 2016 by nine different Connecticut girls) and had taken more than 85 opportunities to participate in higher level competitions from female track athletes in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons alone.

The Daily Mail noted some of the past history, adding, “The three plaintiffs have competed directly against them, almost always losing to Miller and usually behind Yearwood. Mitchell finished third in the 2019 state championship in the girls 55-meter indoor track competition behind Miller and Yearwood.”

Mitchell, who is currently ranked the fastest biological girl in Connecticut in the 55m, lost four girls’ state championships and two all-New England awards. She recalled, “I knew that I was the fastest girl here, one of the fastest in the state. I remembered all my training and everything I had been taught on how to maximize my performance … I thought of all the times that other girls have lost. I could feel the adrenaline in my blood and hope that wafted from me. That just possibly, I could win this. Then, the gun went off. And I lost.”

Miller stated in June 2019, “I have faced discrimination in every aspect of my life and I no longer want to remain silent. I am a girl and I am a runner. I participate in athletics just like my peers to excel, find community, and meaning in my life. It is both unfair and painful that my victories have to be attacked and my hard work ignored.”

Yearwood echoed, “I hope that the next generation of trans youth doesn’t have to fight the fights that I have. I hope they can be celebrated when they succeed not demonized. For the next generation, I run for you!”

• Parcel Man says:

Hey , that’s tuff if the girls don’t like it. If transgenders get to go into the opposite sex bathrooms, locker rooms and showers then they should be able to be on the opposite sex athletic teams. The libs can’t come up with all these insane cultural experiments and then try to make exceptions when taking them to their logical conclusions means we are doing strange things like letting boys play on girls athletic teams. The feminists support all these social experiments and most women are part of this ‘me too’ movement. They made their bed. Let them sleep in it.

• Carly says:

Boys being on girls track team is unfair, there is nothing “right” about it.. Have u ever look it up about how different men’s bodies are?? When it comes to sports there is NO WAY a girl can beat or win against a male! They have stronger everything.. They have stronger & thicker bone & muscles (they don’t have to run as hard) , larger lung capacity, better flow of blood & also are more resistant to injury than girls.. There is prob more that we don’t know but these are the obvious.. Testosterone probably helps with all of these things because they have about a million percent more than girls which definitely helps!

• Wilson says:

BS, you are a boy who could not compete against other males so you decided to become a girl because it was the only way you could win. You are only kidding your self if you are that delusional.

• harry says:

what on earth do these two idiot boys think, they are robbing girls of their rightful positions it is not there’s it is totally obsuve for males to run against females so on this occasion the girl won first time in three years i make that it is wrong and the athletic authoru=ities have to come down on this trannyies are not girls end of story, they are boys or men biologically

• FoolIggy says:

What you “feel you are” is irrelevant in sports!

Born a boy, stay a boy, regardless of your trans feeling.

Born a girl, stay a girl, regardless of your trans feelings!

It is SILLY for governments, politicians, and bureaucrats to intertwine themselves in sports by mixing birth right genders regardless of what a specific gender might “feel they are” after birth!

That is NOT discrimination, but rather keeping the birth-genders the same to compete fairly in competition!

End of discussion, regardless of gender ‘feelings’ otherwise, sports becomes unfair and politically motivated by those that would ‘use their gender-feelings’ to compete unfairly in sports against other genders!

• RD says:

This is just the beginning of the “transgender” sin against the natural. Something must be done to stop this ridiculous, nasty deception.

• looch says:

obvious solution nobody wants to talk about- create a third category for trans. They aren’t boys or girls- let them compete against each other. no-brainer.