On Wednesday, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) flexed her muscles in a confusing and fiery exchange with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin during a hearing on Capitol Hill.

Secretary Mnuchin, who was testifying before the House Financial Services Committee, apparently had an important scheduled meeting which Waters, the chair of the committee, had prior knowledge of, and was looking to be excused so he could attend. The Democrat, in a bizarre, combative back-and-forth, wanted to dismiss Mnuchin without actually dismissing him — sort of.

As noted by Fox News, Mnuchin had already been testifying for some three and a half hours before he interrupted the hearing to remind the committee of their agreement to allow him to leave for his scheduled meeting with a top official from the government of Bahrain.

“I’ve sat here for over three hours and 15 minutes. I’ve told you I’ll come back. I just don’t believe we’re sitting here negotiating when I come back. We’ll follow up with your office. How long would you like me to come back for next time? I told you I would accommodate you,” Secretary Mnuchin told Rep. Waters.

“This is a new way. And it’s a new day. And it’s a new chair. And I have the gavel at this point. If you wish to leave you may,” Waters responded.

“Can you clarify that for me?” asked the secretary. “Yes, ‘clarify’ is this: If you wish to leave, you may,” repeated the Democrat.

A confused Mnuchin again sought formal dismissal, “So, we’re dismissed? Is that correct?”

“If you wish to leave, you may leave,” Waters again repeated, before taking issue with Mnuchin for apparently informing the committee of his meeting a day prior to its commencement.

“If you’d wish to keep me here so that I don’t have my important meeting and continue to grill me, then we can do that,” a frustrated Mnuchin responded. “I will cancel my meeting and I will not be back here. I will be very clear if that’s the way you’d like to have this relationship.”

Waters took that as an “offer” from Mnuchin to stay. “Thank you. The gentleman, the secretary, has agreed to stay. Please cancel your meeting and respect our time,” she said.

“You’re instructing me to stay and and cancel my meeting?” answered Mnuchin.

“You made me an offer that I accepted,” the congresswoman responded. “No, I’m not ordering you. I said you may leave anytime you want and you said okay.”

“Please dismiss everybody,” Mnuchin pleaded. “You’re supposed to take the gavel and bang it.”

“Please do not instruct me as to how I am to conduct this committee,” Waters replied.

The secretary ended up leaving without a formal dismissal from Waters and, according to Fox, “withdrew his offer to return before the committee in May.”

1. Fran

April 11, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Please have the Big One MADD Max!!!

2. Pat

April 11, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Uppity

3. Liz

April 11, 2019 at 7:54 pm

She is so ignorant it’s ridiculous! Must be idiots out in California that keep voting this low IQ, confused bitch in. What an embarrassment!

4. Michael Jusko

April 11, 2019 at 7:54 pm

She is bat shit crazy….just like all the folks that voted her in office

• Don

April 12, 2019 at 11:53 am

you are 100% right.. crazy weirdo!

5. Big Montana

April 11, 2019 at 8:09 pm

The ideal [D] party representative. This moron is just a disgrace and an National embarrassment, in other words a great democrat. They haven’t been this angry since the Republicans freed their slaves.

6. Silas Longshot

April 11, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Maxipad Waters is a classic example of how the worst possible choices for these ‘committee chairs’ are made. She’s one of the most corrupt bank fraud scammers in DC, yet here she is, chair of the finance committee, and AOC, an airhead bartender, right there with her. It’s like a British TV Monty Python parody where the most opposite choice possible for the position is the one who must be chosen.

• Scotty

April 11, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Congressional version of Fawlty Towers.

• Joyce

April 12, 2019 at 2:20 pm

So right!

7. Q

April 11, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Raving crackhead

8. Scotty

April 11, 2019 at 8:32 pm

Congressional version of Fawlty Towers.

9. RIC CARTER

April 11, 2019 at 8:40 pm

Both were being dumb asses. He should have walked the first time.

• Kathleen Weber

April 12, 2019 at 8:13 am

Protocol says she must dismiss. If he had walked the first time,it would have been said he just walked out disrespecting the proceedings. Would have made him look uncooperative.
      I however, like you said , would have just walked out.

• Kenneth Russell

April 12, 2019 at 10:36 am

He would love to “walk” but she would then charge him for refusing to appear. that’s how the committee works. He knows more about the rules than she does. I just love how she and others are showing the American public just how ridiculous the Democrats are.

10. Linda

April 11, 2019 at 9:52 pm

Just beam her up Scotty.

11. Michael

April 11, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Should have told the frog-faced wrinkled bitch to go fuck herself before he left.

• gregsnyder

April 12, 2019 at 11:25 am

Michael, once more you are the voice of discretion and brevity. However, making fun of a mentally-challenged ghetto Representative is frowned on by Dimocrats and the Congressional Black/(POC?) Caucas. Requesting she perform impossible sexual acts may exceed her obviously-limited physical abilities as well. At least you didn’t call the old monkey a “frog-faced, wrinkled bitch”. Only her thieving, blind husband gets to do that, Michael. Oh, OK.

12. Peter

April 12, 2019 at 1:30 am

She represents dumb and dumber

13. Grace Joy

April 12, 2019 at 1:23 pm

She’s a control freak. And passive aggressive. She a nasty Evil racist who has a chance to torment a white man . . .

14. Mac

April 12, 2019 at 2:33 pm

I can only encourage Representative Maxine Waters, D-CA to continue to operate in such a manner in the ‘long-term’ best interest of Our Country… The longer She maintains this irrational conduct, the better for potentially the restoration of sanity to Congress & Congressional Commissions/Committees etc…

15. Margie

April 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Wow! And Democrats are asking Americans to turn over America to this imbecile! LMFAO

Crazy Maxine is off her Meds!!

16. ca

April 12, 2019 at 10:05 pm

OMG!.. you idiots who identify as “democraps” have chucky hair plugs schumer, dementia nancy, and ol’ mad maxi on one side and nitwit casio/cortz, and the two muslim brotherhood anti american socialists…. take your pick…. WTF….