There was a time in America when a razor company had commercials that promoted their product but that is not Gillette’s idea.

After igniting controversy in January with a commercial urging men to push back against “toxic masculinity,” and more ads last month aimed at promoting body positivity, Gillette released a commercial last week showing a father teach his transgender son — Samson — how to shave.

Samson, of course, was born female.

“Growing up I was always trying to figure out what kind of man I want to become, and I’m still trying to figure out what kind that I want to become,” Samson says in the commercial. “I always knew I was different. I didn’t know that there was a term for the type of person that I was. I went into my transition just wanting to be happy.”

“I’m glad I’m at the point where I’m able to shave,” Samson adds. “I’m at the point in my manhood where I’m actually happy.”

The commercial shows Samson’s dad encourage him throughout the shaving process. “Shaving is about being confident,” the dad says.

“I’m actually happy. It’s not just myself transitioning, it’s everybody around me transitioning,” Samson says.

Samson spoke about shooting the ad on his Facebook page and what it meant for him to share his story with everyone.

I shot this ad for Gillette and wanted to include my father, who has been one of my greatest supporters throughout my transition, encouraging me to be confident and live authentically as my best self.

With the help of Gillette, I was able to share an important milestone in every man’s life with my father.

This moment overwhelmed me during filming and again today seeing the ad since it’s been launched. I’m keenly aware of how blessed I am to be able to exist in this world being supported by my family in ways that all too often many of my trans brother, sisters, and siblings who exist outside the binary are not always as fortunate.

I am confident that this ad will encourage many of my trans siblings and fill them with the knowledge that our existence in this world can be filled with the love and support we deserve.

1. Jan

May 27, 2019 at 12:53 am

Time for all REAL MEN to quit shaving and grow facial hair!!! Put Gillette out of business!!

2. E G MUSK

May 27, 2019 at 2:43 am

Utter creepsville!

3. Michael

May 27, 2019 at 2:44 am

Guess they’re trying to drive away their remaining customers.

4. Jd

May 27, 2019 at 3:25 am

I am convinced that someday the people labelled freaks will be those who are “gender binary”

5. Guido

May 27, 2019 at 7:42 am

When are these companies going to stay out of politics and the political correctness game. They might save their companies in the age of Amozon.

6. MissD

May 27, 2019 at 9:10 am

Gillette… you’re DONe ! Your advertising dept must be full fags and trans …

7. Joseph Kempski

May 27, 2019 at 9:31 am

No money from me. The fags can have this company. Sick assholes , going to show him how to shave his ass too. I’m Growing a beard.

8. Wilson

May 27, 2019 at 10:57 am

If this chick can grow a beard you have bigger problems. Their new slogan gillete the best a trans can get?

9. Pat

May 27, 2019 at 11:48 am

Just sick.

10. Sandy

May 27, 2019 at 12:31 pm

Gillette is pandering to the younger generation where pretty much anything goes. They are the consumers of the future. There’s a Covergirl tv commercial with a trans woman and it disgusted me at the time but I’ve stopped being shocked by these sorts of ads. There’s nothing we can do about them.

11. Nancy Hessler

May 27, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Shaving is SO MUCH EASIER and safer when you don’t have that pesky Adam’s Apple to contend with…you know…being female and all….

12. Patrick

May 27, 2019 at 6:03 pm

I don’t know about other men, but no one had to teach me how to shave. I don’t know of anything much easier. Who the hell has to be taught how to shave? Am I wrong?

13. greg snyder

May 27, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Commercials like this, make me wonder who’s their audience? How many ‘girls-to-men’ trannies buy razor blades, Gillette? How does assaulting my man cave with a dumb-ass agenda pandering to the tiny razor-buying transgender cohort, make your company any money?
    Point six percent, (.6%) of the U.S.’s adult population IDs as transgender in 2016. Of that miniscule number, 5% are like Samson, ‘girls-to-men’, apparently requiring loving, non-judgmental instruction on the difficult daily shaving task.

If every swinging-dick (Oops!); if every single ‘girls-to-men’ trans bought a blade a day, or a razor a week, the company’s revenue enhancement would still be negligible. Especially, I’d guess, when juxtaposed against their “toxic”, un-trans male, razor-buying audience.

Their CEO says half their customers are women, and publicly wished that half his MGT team were female. That would explain why their “The Best a Man can Be” slogan allows them, with impunity, to pee down our hopelessly-toxic necks and tell us it’s only raining–just like everyone else does today.

14. Daniel Brofford

May 28, 2019 at 8:11 am

The world is getting more evil by the day. If one of my daughters would have tried to tell everyone they were a boy I would have been straightening her out every time they said it.

15. Marlitt Arnouville

May 28, 2019 at 9:15 am

I for one do not understand why they shot this ad,it wasn’t necessary and this isn’t a huge buying audience, trying to please the liberals issues seems likely, I am married to a beard Loving conservative, he was very creeped out over the video, lol

16. Sue

May 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm

I saw statistics the other day that said almost 95% of transgenders divert back to their birth gender. People don’t realize it’s nothing but a fad. Bruce Jenner brought it out in the open and tried to make is sound glorious all the while screwing up a lot of teenagers. I honestly feel sorry for these kids, they’re confused and want attention and sometimes bad attention is better than no attention at all.