What is reputedly the #1 downloaded country song, “Shut Up About Politics,” has reportedly been targeted by Twitter, which deemed it “potentially harmful or associated with a violation of Twitter’s Terms of Service.”

All proceeds from the song, written by country star John Rich, go the group Folds of Honor, which states on its website that its mission is “To provide educational scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service-members.” Folds of Honor adds:

Our logo: In the folded flag we see the heavy price of freedom. Yet it’s also a symbol of hope, representing the enduring ideals that make this country a beacon of democracy. We chose this logo because it reflects our mission – to honor the sacrifice of America’s heroes, while giving hope to the bearers of their legacy. Folds of Honor has grown from a vision into a movement. This folded flag is a constant reminder of those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. It inspires us to help equip and educate their loved ones in need of our support. Thank you for embracing the call.

Appearing on Fox News’ “The Five,” Rich said to host Greg Gutfeld, “We had to chat about it’s be fun to come up with a song when you guys came to Nashville and you said, ‘I’ll send you some ideas. And so I get your email, and it was about , I think, about 37 or 38 paragraphs of classic Greg rant, and I went through it and I remember I called you ‘cause I didn’;t want to offend you, and I’m like, (holding his hands inches apart) ‘You know, songs are generally only about this long.”

He added, “In regular life, people have other things they’re thinking about and worrying about; their jobs and their families and wanting to do well for themselves. Politics? Why fight about stuff like that when you can go to a baseball game.”

The lyrics for “Shut Up About Politics” read:

Shut up about politics

Ain’t nothing but a big pile of dirty tricks

I’m tired of all the fighting and the bitching fits

So shut up about politics

You punch left, I punch right

We’re caught up in the middle of a deep swamp fight

Some people lie and some people steal

And everybody’s talking ’bout the Green Ned Deal

Shut up about politics

Ain’t nothing but a big pile of dirty tricks

I’m tired of all the fighting and the bitching fits

So shut up about politics

All this fussin’ and carryin’ on

It’s been going on a little too long

But I got something to fix us all up

Take a shot of my whiskey from a big red cup

Shut up about politics

Ain’t nothing but a big pile of dirty tricks

I’m tired of all the fighting and the bitching fits

So shut up about politics

Watch it here:

1. Richard Young

June 9, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Just a note. It’s “the Green New Deal” NOT “the Green ‘Ned’ Deal”.

• Wilson

June 9, 2019 at 7:49 pm

I think he had a reason to call it ned. He probably had it directed at someone directly.

• Kara

June 9, 2019 at 8:30 pm

He did say green new deal; not ned deal.

• Joe

June 10, 2019 at 10:44 am

No! It’s the green new steal.

• Rita Devins

June 11, 2019 at 2:09 am

A TYPO ERROR!

2. Granny

June 9, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Twitter, google, Facebook, it’s time you let us decide what we want to hear, how we want to hear it and who we want to say it. If we want to be censored we’ll move to Russia because that’s what they do. Here in America we have freedom of speech, at least we used to until you three decided you wanted to be a three headed god and tell us what to do. We will close you down you know? And if you don’t know you will find out. The real Americans are a silent majority. But when we get riled enough you will wish we hadnt. Stop your shit now .

3. Mickey

June 9, 2019 at 5:59 pm

I’ve already shut down Facebook and Twitter!! What a waste of time and energy. All lying and drama constantly.

• JAIME.

June 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm

EXACTLY!!!!!

4. Larry Wilson

June 9, 2019 at 6:48 pm

GREAT.. Now try … “I think my dogs a Democrat”…….

5. LST

June 9, 2019 at 10:09 pm

I’m not a country fan, but I like it. Literally everything is politicized these days and it’s grown way beyond tiresome. How about a song “Democrats Suck?”

6. Rebecca Holstine

June 9, 2019 at 10:22 pm

I am thinking Facebook needs shut down. I never know when I will be censored. And I am too old after all these years to be censored by some smart ass know nothing young activist.

7. Tom

June 11, 2019 at 2:21 am

All of these web sites have like/dislike buttons also a block button. They were designed this way so the individuals had a FREE CHOICE as to what content they see. But these web sites have now taken away your right to free speech also your right to see any and all content posted by any person nevermind they’re Political leaning. Now if they want to censor Cuss words they can do that,because cussing is not necessary. Use the English language.If they are going to censor all offensive posts they will be shut down within a week, But they are being selective which is unlawful CENSORSHIP..

8. Bart-Jan Mathot

June 11, 2019 at 2:26 am

Politics !! ???
    Just a beautiful word for a very DIRTY business !!