Conservative radio host Dan Bongino announced he has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

“Just a little bit of bad news on a personal note,” Bongino told his radio audience Friday. “We did get a diagnosis yesterday from my doctor. … Unfortunately, it is cancer. It’s lymphoma, the Hodgkin’s type. But it is treatable.”

“I do have cancer, and that is hard for me to say,” Bongino added. “But we’ll be OK, and I am optimistic. That’s not some act I’m putting on for the show.”

Bongino said he has a strong support system from his family, friends, and the “best audience in the business.”

The former Secret Service agent and New York Police Department officer told his audience late last month that he had been diagnosed with a “very scary” tumor in his neck.

Bongino, 45, quickly received a strong outpouring of support and well wishes on Twitter from colleagues and friends in the media.

Earlier this month, the tumor was successfully removed, and Bongino shared with his audience that he feared he had lymphoma.

“Thank you all for your kind words & well wishes,” Bongino tweeted. “I’m out of surgery & I feel good. They removed the entire tumor from my neck. The bad news is, it looks like lymphoma. The good news is, there are treatments options. Either way, it’ll be okay. Thank you all for your support.”

• Ben Mangina says:

God Bless You your heart is 100% American. Being a Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran you’re a Breath of Fresh Air

• cj says:

Love ya, Dan. I’ll keep praying for you every day!!!!

• Lance W. Lucius says:

Keep the faith Dan. I was diagnosed with Histiocytic Lymphoma while serving in the USMC. I was given less than 6 months. The Corps Retired me and I came back to Minnesota. The VA surprisingly was part of a group doing a study on this cancer. There were 500 of us in the study, and I was informed that I was the sole survivor.
    I was 21 and a Sgt. up for Staff Sgt. (wow), I am now 67 and have had some other bumps in the road, but am still a survivor. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE, stay strong and keep the faith Brother. SEMPER FI

• Lance W. Lucius says:

Why is my comment under moderation?

• Amy Syrell says:

Dan, you have my family’s prayers. May God Bless you and your family through this difficult stretch. When we know you’re on FOX we make it a point to watch. You have given us such powerful information and education, you and FOX. Our thanks are a small thing but I’m sure that God have a lot more to give you. Take care of yourself and follow doctor’s orders!

• Ronald Hyland says:

We’re with you Dan! Our prayers for you and the Doctors who will be with you along your path for healing. God Bless!

• ERIC says:

Damn! Well, I do hope you can beat this, Dan! I have 2 cousins who had that shit, & they both beat it! & today are very healthy men! No relapses at all!