Whoopi Goldberg finally explained her extended absence from “The View” when she revealed that she has been battling a severe case of pneumonia.

It happened Friday during the show after host Joy Behar said that instead of promising viewers Goldberg was “getting better” and would be back on the show soon, they could hear straight from Whoopi herself about what led to her absence from the show for over a month.

“I am OK. I’m not dead,” Goldberg explained in a video. “Yes, I came very, very close to leaving the Earth. Good news, I didn’t. Thank you for all of your good wishes.”

She also explained that she ended up getting pneumonia in both lungs and she was “septic,” which meant “there was fluid” and “all kinds of stuff going on.”

Goldberg continued, “Even people who are not like huge fans of mine have actually said nice things about me. We all know that’s going to change when I get back, but for right now, it’s brilliant!”

The outspoken host called the experience “interesting” and promised to tell them all about it when she gets back to the show. However, she made no mention about when that would be happening.

“Ladies, I cannot wait to see you all, and I’ll tell you all about it when we’re all at the table,” Goldberg added.”See you soon.”

1. Shawn Dollar

March 10, 2019 at 10:45 am

Damn how much better this world would be if you would take your left leaning ass out of it you demturd

• Patricia Colquitt

March 10, 2019 at 11:34 am

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn. When you dig a hole for someone, dig 2. I’m not a fan either. But I would never wish ill will on anyone because it comes back to you.
      GOD bless you.

• Phyllis

March 10, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Would be best if the whole stupid show was gone. The least they could do is get rid of Joyless Behar!

2. Joseph Kempski

March 10, 2019 at 10:50 am

The show was so much better without you. Please get sick again

3. Bob Nsnce

March 10, 2019 at 10:54 am

A crying shame.

4. Rose P

March 10, 2019 at 11:03 am

I NEVER watch the “gossip” show so makes no difference to me who is on or off.

5. Photog

March 10, 2019 at 11:04 am

Why is this news?

6. Gordon

March 10, 2019 at 11:05 am

Must have inhaled some of the left wing B.S. she spouts off

7. Kathy S.

March 10, 2019 at 11:10 am

Please, pass it onto that bitch Joy!!

8. Linda

March 10, 2019 at 11:15 am

I must say I do not care.

9. Bonnie Parker

March 10, 2019 at 11:33 am

I agree with all of the above comments

10. Trumpster

March 10, 2019 at 11:42 am

Who cares. She has a over size mouth that spews out left wing crap. If she dropped dead tomorrow the only ones that would care is her family.

11. Gayle

March 10, 2019 at 11:50 am

America would be a much better place if The View was taken off the Air! Can’t stand anyone of the loud mouth, lying, hateful idiots on the so called show!

12. Matt Boller

March 10, 2019 at 11:50 am

To bad your RACIST LIBERAL ASS DID NOT JUST GO TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG YOU POS!!!

13. RockyMtn1776

March 10, 2019 at 12:00 pm

What is, ” The View?”

14. Edie

March 10, 2019 at 12:04 pm

I’m sure your mouth wasn’t missed . Not that I watch because I wouldn’t waste my time. Your times is coming. Why not try being civil for what’s left.

15. Barbara

March 10, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Shoot! I thought she had left the country.

16. Lisa Grace

March 10, 2019 at 12:27 pm

All that is really wrong is her damn nastiness settled in her chest bitch?

17. Frank Campo

March 10, 2019 at 12:37 pm

Who cares? Maybe it’ll come back.

18. John Boyd

March 10, 2019 at 12:44 pm

I am a Christian and I pray for all my enemies that they would accept Christ their Lord and Savior. I know that if they do not according to God’s Word they will be banished to hell for eternity. I pray for her tha5 she accepts Christ. I do not know that if she has. Only she an$ God knows so I just pray that she understands if she has accepted Christ to display His love and understanding to all.

19. ron trevor

March 10, 2019 at 12:47 pm

why is she still in america wasn’t she the one sprouting off tat if donald trump became prisedent she would leave america there must be pleanty to help pack her bags oh wait if she left she wouldn’t make all that money goes to show you she tells lies trying toi score points

20. Dixie Marlow

March 10, 2019 at 12:51 pm

I really am not crazy about the ladies of The View, but I wouldn’t wish sickness or death to any of them or anyone else. Glad you’re getting better Whoppie.

21. cecil

March 10, 2019 at 12:53 pm

DAM,DAM,DAM,DAM

22. Mary Johnson

March 10, 2019 at 12:59 pm

Being I do not watch the view had no idea and use to like her in movies but have long since stopped because of her racism.

23. MICHAEL MCPOLAND

March 10, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Didn’t know she was gone. Maybe because I don’t watch….or care about show.

24. Jule Ray Westcott

March 10, 2019 at 1:07 pm

Boo hoo hoo. I am playing the worlds smallest violin playing my heart bleeds for you.

25. Irene Renner

March 10, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Sure wish could get rid of her and joy bahar Show is trash

26. Julie

March 10, 2019 at 1:51 pm

Her illness is caused by so much hatred to the right. Being leftist and bitter and violent to whoever not thinking like her will aggravate her illness.

27. Gary Gleeson

March 10, 2019 at 4:15 pm

That whole show needs to go plus your mouth can be your worse enemy. Also God doesn’t promise us the next day!

28. Carol

March 10, 2019 at 4:29 pm

She probably got sick, for being so mean, evil and hateful. I never watch or have watched the show, and now its awful with all the political hatefulness. That show should have been cancelled a long long long time ago.

• Loreta M Rowe

March 12, 2019 at 1:40 am

I’M with You 100% God has give Her a nether chance at life to open Her eyes to death it is for sure and if You don’t believe in Jesus You are going to Hell, So take Your second chance at life with a good attitude and keep all Your bad comment to Your self.

29. LST

March 10, 2019 at 5:00 pm

What absence? I had no idea thew creature was absent since I refuse to watch that trashy show. I had viral pneumonia once, so where is the article about me? Oh wait, I don’t count because I’m conservative so nevermind.

30. Lyle Page

March 10, 2019 at 5:59 pm

I am not a fan of Whoopi’s and most of The View’s denizens political opinions but am very happy that she is well!!! The extreme division that they exhibit is just not good for our country!!! Be well, Whoopi, Be well!!! AMEN

31. Manny

March 10, 2019 at 7:37 pm

I’d sing a song (parody) to her
    Whoopi, go go go go go go go go
    Whoopi, go go go go go
    Whoopi be good.

32. Loman Hood

March 10, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Didn’t notice that she wasn’t there.

33. Tom

March 10, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Aw! Shucks! I thought Woopie might have stood by her word and left the country. That would have been a first when liberal celebrity ever kept their word.

34. SUNSHINE

March 10, 2019 at 9:11 pm

I’m glad Whoopi is ok. I didn’t know she was gone since I don’t watch. I wish the show would die, though.

35. Paul Capocasa

March 11, 2019 at 12:27 am

I don’t really care….does ANYONE?

36. Rebecca Holstine

March 11, 2019 at 12:56 am

I never watch the show so I didn’t know she wasn’t on it. And now that I know, I don’t care.

37. rice

March 11, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Maybe she had time to investigate all the hate that is coming from the left and why. I highly doubt it though. I thought she said she was Jewish, so it would be an interesting topic on her so called “View” show. How does she feel about Omar? I have lost all respect for her, not because she is black, not because she is stupid and ignorant, but because she doesn’t see the hate she spews on a daily basis at people who see that any MSM talk and news shows are run by Democrats who have one agenda. New World Order. Another name for communism world wide………………..

38. Nancy Hessler

March 11, 2019 at 3:59 pm

Perhaps this bout with serious illness will make her realize we are not on this earth forever. AND, while she had acted in a few good movies, and entertained us for awhile, THIS latest employment of hers serves to ruin all reputation she had previously had. Actors need to understand that they are there, working for our entertainment only. If they are smart enough to break out into politics, ala Ronald Reagan or Sonny Bono, perhaps we will still hold them in a high, but different, regard. But the actors who decide to quit acting and go into hate-spewing commenting on politics only serve to lower the way we view them. They are actors; They memorize lines and do stunts… They are not somehow smarter than the rest of us.

39. Robert Worsena

March 11, 2019 at 9:33 pm

You would do everyone a favor if you just stay home.I cannot stand you and your racist garbage.
    STAY HOME>

40. Marty Zima

March 12, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Apparently her pneumonia was not severe enough because she is still breathing. I don’t wish any violence to come to her, but if she were to succumb to her illness and die…. I would celebrate her death, just as I’m sure she would celebrate the death of our President.

41. Patty

March 18, 2019 at 6:08 am

Couldn’t happen to a better person…..((sarcasm)). Did she get sick from a Flu Shot like Lou Ferrigno (Incredible Hulk)? They’re trying to talk people into getting shots right through April= claim that THIS Year’s “season” goes all the way up to May. Man, who falls for this? https://whnt.com/2018/12/15/incredible-hulk-actor-lou-ferrigno-hospitalized-after-pneumonia-vaccination/ They’re trying to convince anyone over 65 that they should go get their “Super” Shot, made just for “at-risk” groups. I say if you last That long NOT getting these shots, then WHY would you start now? You’re obviously from good stock. That, and learn how to make your own Colloidal Silver= cured a 2-month Sinus Infection when nothing, including bogus antibiotics, didn’t work.